"T-then why did you agree to marry me?" You mustered all your courage & asked in a tiny voice

"Why? Because my father threatened to erase my name from his will if I didn't marry you! It was all because of your father, why would he ask my father to make such promise? Are we living in the 17th century? Fucking ridiculous!"
The moment he brought up your father, you lifted your face & stared sternly at him.
"Don't you dare drag my father into this." You said with trembling voice, "I'll leave & divorce you now if you don't want me here."
"Who says I want to divorce you? You need to stay in this house & pretend to be happy in front of our parents. If you dare to tell anyone about the real situation, I will not go easy on you. And your mom. Now go hide somewhere until I'm out of here, although it probably won't be easy with such a huge body." He snickered & turned around to go back to his room.
You thought he couldn't hurt you any more than he already did, but apparently you underestimated him.
Swallowing all your pride & misery, you slowly knelt down on the floor & picked up your stuffs. Tears streamed down your face as you replayed what he said just now inside your head.
"I have to be strong, otherwise he'll hurt eomma." You bit your lower lip to stop it from quivering.
"사모님, let me help you." Kang jibsa stooped down beside you & helped you gathered your things.
"감사함니다 (thank you)." You croaked.
"I know you must have felt very hurt now. I apologize on behalf of him. Actually, he is not a bad person, but his conditions made him become cold & harsh." She said kindly.
"Why is he so mean? Did I do anything wrong? My only fault was going along with this whole marriage arrangement." You sniffed hard & wiped your tears away with your sleeve.
"I don't have the right to tell you about what happened, but I can see that you are a genuine & nice person. I hope your warmth can melt his heart, so don't give up on him, ok? I'm on your side." She smiled kindly at you which caused you to sob even harder, because she reminded you of your mom. You really really missed her now even though you just saw her yesterday, your wedding night felt like it happened a decade ago.
You wanted to call your mom, but she'd know right away that something was wrong if she heard your bitter voice now, so you just did as Taehyung said.
Hide yourself inside the guest room until he was out of the house.

The next few days, you followed the same routine of waking up before the sun rise to make breakfast for yourself, then going back to your room & staying there until around 10 am when Taehyung went to work. The room you were staying in didn't have TV & you didn't have your laptop with you, so what almost killed you was the sheer boredom.
After Taehyung was gone, you'd spend the rest of the day helping Kang jibsa clean the house & garden.
Then, you hid yourself in your room again when he came home until morning.

You were lying down on the bed, thinking about your bleak future when your phone rang

"Eomma?" You cleared your throat & prepared yourself to sound as cheery as you could.
"여보세요 엄마 (Hello mom)."
" Y/n 아, 잘지내니 (how are you)? I was going to call you because I missed you so much, but I was afraid that I would bother you newlyweds. Is 김서방 (Kim son-in-law) treating you well?"
Hearing her voice made you want to cry & tell her everything, but then you remembered what Taehyung said & stopped yourself.
"Yes eomma, he's very kind to me. He brought me to to eat at different restaurants & kept bringing me flowers everyday even after I told him not to. Now our house is like a florist. Haha." You used your imagination & created a happy story for your mom.
"Aww, that's so romantic. You need to be nice to him too Y/n ah, 알았어 (okay)? Sometimes you're bound to have arguments, you need to be patient & considerate."
"네 알았어 엄마 (Yes, I know mom)."
"And don't delay for too long. I know you youngsters love to spend some time enjoying your newlywed life, but your father-in-law & I can't wait to hold our grandchildren soon." She chuckled.
"Eomma, i- it's still too early to talk about children."
How could you have children when he doesn't even want to look at you?
You thought sadly to yourself.
"Is there a problem honey? Did he say that he didn't want children?" Your slight change of tone was enough for your mom to detect that something wasn't right.
"Oh no no no. He loves children. It's just that we've only been married for less than a week. I mean isn't it too early to talk about children now?" You quickly assured your mom.
"Ahh, you're right. I won't push you, take your time, but don't wait for too long ok? I need to go now, some customers are coming in to the shop. I'll talk to you again soon Y/n ah. 사랑해 (I love you)."
"나도 사랑해 엄마 (I love you too mom)."
You stared at the blank screen on your phone & tears involuntarily rolled down your cheeks again.
I can't spend the rest of my life being pathetic like this. I need to either give up on him or try to win his heart.