Chapter 24

„What was that?" Dinah asked.

„I think she is just overwhelmed with the situation, she still has to learn so much." I answered as I walked upstairs to talk to Lauren.

I didn't see her in her room, so I figured she probably went to the bathroom and needed some time by herself.

I decided to go to my own room.

Just as I was about to close the door I heard a soft „Hi", and I saw Lauren sitting on my bed.

„Hey Lauren", I started, „why are you sitting in my room? I was looking for you."

I softly smiled at the green eyed girl, trying to comfort her.

She played with her fingers as she answered „I like your room, it feels more like home to me."

I couldn't help but smile brighter. „Hey Lauren we can switch rooms if you want to, you know? If you like this room better."

Slowly she shook her head. „Then I'd probably just go to your new room. I can go though, if you feel like being alone."

Now it was my turn to shake my head, „Lauren you can stay here anytime you want. I think I will go take a bath now, I'm kind of tense in the back."

She looked me straight in the eyes, and what was almost a whisper she asked me wether she could join me.

„Of course, go take some new clothing with you and I will fill up the bathtub.", I said softly.

Lauren smiled slightly as she stood up to give me a hug, then she went to her room and picked out some clothes to wear.

When the brunette came back into the bathroom, the bathtub was almost filled with water.

„What took you so long?" I asked as I slowly began taking of my clothes.

„I don't know if I want to join", she shrugged and I noticed how nervous she was.

I was a bit taken aback by her response as I wondered what I did wrong for her to change her mind.

„And why is that?"

„I don't want to tell you"

And with that, Lauren turned around and left the bathroom. 

I was wondering what I could possibly have done for her to not want to go with me, but I decided to figure that out later and to give Lauren some time to calm down first.

I took my underwear off and stepped into the hot water.  It only took seconds for my body to relax. 

I took my phone from the counter next to the bathtub and turned on some musik. As I scrolled through my playlists, one song stuck in my mind and I turned it on. It was "Need you still" by Ivan B. I sang along quietly and played with the bubbles in the bathtub, closing my eyes from time to time.  

The whole atmosphere was relaxing, and for some reason I decided to put my whole head under the water. 

 /

Suddenly, I heard a scream. Everything was dark, I was outside. It was cold and I was naked, my knees were bleeding and the screams got louder and louder.

"HELLO?", I yelled, and the screams stopped. 

I was in front of our house as it startet to spin, and I couldn't reach the door.

All of a sudden my whole body went flying, and I landed in the dance room, where music was playing. 

The music was piercing into my ears and got louder and louder. Suddenly, I saw Lauren.

Lauren was dancing, but she didn't look like herself. Something was wrong with her. "Lauren?", I asked.

No answer.

I watched her in the mirror, and as I wanted to look at her in reallife, she was standing right in front of me.

Her eyes where fully white, her mouth hang open.

"Lauren?", I was terrified, I still could not say if all this was real or not.

And then, she screamed again, the scream was different though, it was not high pitched and fast, it was kind of angry, terrifying. It was the worst scream I have ever witnessed, it was as if Lauren was being controlled by something, but by what?

Then, she was gone. The music stopped. It was getting harder to breathe.

/

I coughed as I slammed my head out of the water and inhaled sharply. What the heck was that? 

Was that a dream? A flashback? 

Then, the door flew open.

"Camila are you okay?"

I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't Lauren, but on the other hand I was glad, because of the weird dream I just had.

"Yes Mani, I am okay. I just almost drowned because I slept in.", I said and laughed a bit to make it seem real.

"You dork.", she said, "hey, do you want to go get donuts with me?" 

I nodded, "yes I'd love to, just let me get ready real quick." 

She left the room and I got out of the bathtub, dried myself and went to my room.

And there she was, sitting on my bed again.

I remembered the dream, but I could not focus on it when I saw her sitting there like the angel she was.

"Hey you", I said as I was putting on my clothes.

She didn't answer, but the looked my body up and down, which made me uncomfortable.

"What?" 

"You are so beautiful, you don't have flaws.", she exclaimed.

"Of course I have flaws Lauren, everyone has them." 

She shook her head. "I have hair.. somewhere"

I didn't even know where she was going with this.

"Lauren, body hair is totally normal, what are you talking about?"

She shook her head again and then explained she had a few hairs on her breasts, she was as red as tomatoes and sounded like she was about to cry. "Why am I such a freak?"

I sighed and but off my shirt again. 

"Lauren look" I said as I pointed to my back. "I have body hair, too." 

I let her trace my back, where soft yet dark hairs grew on my body, and I got chills all over.

She just nodded, but she didn't seem convinced.

"Hey, we talk about this later okay? Do you want to go get donuts with Mani and me?" I asked her.

"No thank you, Ally wanted to teach me how to make apple pie today.", she smiled while she said that, which made me smile aswell.

"Okay, I'll see you later then!" I exclaimed as I left the room, leaving the girl behind.

-----------------------------------

A/N surprise surprise, who would've thought