Being Clear

Hoseok paced around the rehearsal room as he waited for Jimin's group to arrive for that afternoon's practice. He was half expecting Jimin not to even show up, so he was a bit surprised when he did, arriving with Namjoon a few minutes before they were scheduled to begin.

He watched the two of them talking, Jimin laughing at something Namjoon was telling him. He's acting normal. Maybe that means things will be less awkward between us, too.

Boy, was he wrong.

Jimin stayed at the back of the group as Hoseok ran through the new choreography with them, and he was stiff in his movements whenever they had to work together. So, he spent most of the practice working with everyone else to give the younger man some space. Even though he didn't know why he was being so awkward.

He's the one who kissed Chin-Hae right in front of me, so why is he getting all embarrassed? I'm the one who should feel uncomfortable. Well, he did feel uncomfortable, but mostly because Jimin seemed like he wanted to crawl under a rock.

When practice ended and everyone was on their way to the next thing on their schedule, Hoseok caught Jimin's arm before he could escape out the door. "Can we talk?"

"I have vocal lessons next," he answered, staring firmly at the floor.

"After that?"

"I'm meeting up with Namjoon-Hyung and Yoongi-Hyung for dinner."

He sighed. "When are you free?"

"To talk? I don't know."

"Jimin--"

"I need to go." He pulled his arm free and was out the door, leaving Hoseok alone.

He cursed in frustration. If he hadn't had another class coming in, he probably would have gone after Jimin. He wanted to tell him everything he should have before Busan. He knew it was probably too late now, since Jimin and Chin-Hae were most likely together, but he still wanted to tell him. Maybe then things could go back to at least semi-normal. Even if they couldn't be friends like they were before, he'd take just not being so awkward around one another.

He ended up spending all evening at the studio once his classes were finished for the day. As soon as he'd eaten dinner, he returned to the practice room, turning on the music and allowing himself to not think about anything.

It was always so relaxing, feeling his body move almost on its own to the beat of the music he had blaring through the speakers. He didn't stop until he was completely out of breath and his legs felt like jelly. Even though it was tiring, he still felt more relaxed than he had in over a week.

He paused after turning off his music, hearing the music for Jimin's group coming from the next practice room. He knew it was a long shot, but he went to check, anyways. Much to his surprise, it was Jimin.

The boy had on a tank top that was sinfully large--and currently soaked in sweat--and he couldn't help but notice the way it fell down over his shoulder as he moved. It was mesmerizing, watching him go through the choreography. He was so graceful when he danced, even in the hip-hop style Hoseok was teaching, and it was incredible to watch.

He hadn't realized he'd gone into the room until Jimin turned and spotted him, coming to an abrupt halt. "Hyung? What are you still doing here? It's almost two."

"I was going to ask you that."

"I came to practice," he mumbled, grabbing his towel and water bottle.

"That's what I was doing."

"What do you need to practice? It's your routine," Jimin chuckled.

His stomach did that little flip it always did when Jimin smiled like that. Oh man, he was in way deeper than he thought. He hadn't realized how much he liked being with Jimin until that moment, and he nearly turned around and ran away because of how strong the urge to touch him was.