Blame It On the Alcohol

"Congrats on surviving your first month as trainees," Yoongi grinned, clinking celebratory beers with Namjoon and Jimin.
"Barely," Namjoon groaned.
Jimin laughed at him. "It hasn't been that bad, Namjoon-Hyung."
"Speak for yourself. You're used to all of that dancing."
"True, but I'm not used to the crazy schedule."
"It must be crazy," Yoongi added. "I've barely heard from either of you since you signed your contracts."
"Sorry, Hyung," Jimin said, leaning against him and nearly falling off his barstool in the process. "We'll be getting more busy this month, too, because they're splitting us up into smaller groups."
"I thought they did that after a few months?" Their Hyung asked.
"They do; these groups are to prep us for live performances for already-debuted groups as back-up dancers," Namjoon explained.
"Some of us have already started performing," Jimin bragged, laughing when Namjoon slapped him on the arm.
"I auditioned for rap, not dance," he scoffed. "And I'm doing really well for not having much experience. Your dancey boyfriend even told me so."
"That's new," Yoongi commented, looking at Jimin in curiosity as he cursed at Namjoon.
"He isn't my boyfriend, you asshole," Jimin grumbled from between the two of them before ordering another beer.
"Our dance instructor is Jung Hoseok," Namjoon told Yoongi, "and Jimin spends most of the class flirting with him."
"I'm not flirting."
"You're the only one who thinks you're not," he snickered.
"Namjoon-Hyung is just getting a big head because he's our manager's favorite," Jimin said, loudly, turning his back to him as he spoke to Yoongi. "Jin-Hyung even gave him a private tour of the company before personally dropping him off at the cafeteria on his very first day."
"He only did that to make up for being a dick in his review," he snapped. "It's not like I've spoken to him at all since we started training."
"You can change that right now, then," Jimin smirked, suddenly getting off his barstool.
"Jimin what did you—"
"Hey Hoseok-Hyung! Jin-Hyung!" Jimin called, waving his hand above his head.
"You invited them?" Namjoon couldn't stop the groan that escaped his mouth when he spotted Seokjin walking towards them. Damn you, Jimin.
"Try not to punch him this time," Yoongi smirked, patting him on the back as Jimin ushered them all over to a large table at the back of the bar.
"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Hyung."
He ended up sitting between Seokjin and Yoongi at the table, with Hoseok on the other side of Yoongi, and Jimin at the end of the half-circle booth.
"This must be the infamous Min Yoongi who turned down an offer from my father," Seokjin said.
Yoongi shot Namjoon a glare before giving Seokjin a small nod. "Nice to meet you."
"So, Namjoon, are you excited to begin performing on stage?" Hoseok asked.
"More nervous than excited, I think," he chuckled. "I'm surprised you're putting me out there already."
"You're not a bad dancer, Namjoon" Hoseok frowned at him, "you're just not confident."
"You scored pretty well in your newest dance assessment from this week," Seokjin added.
"Jin-Hyung has been keeping up with them," Hoseok teased the older man, and Namjoon felt him kick the dancer under the table.
"I keep up with all of the scores," Seokjin grumbled.
Thankfully, a waiter came to take their orders then, dissolving the awkward air that had begun to build. Once the waiter left, Jimin immediately pulled Yoongi into a conversation with Hoseok about some artist at the company Yoongi knew.
Namjoon swirled the beer in his glass, trying to ignore the fact that Seokjin was watching him. When he couldn't stand it any longer, he downed the rest of his beer and turned to Seokjin. "Let me out; I'll get more drinks."
"I'll go with you," he replied, following him towards the bar after letting him out of the booth.
"I can get them."
"Don't be stubborn," Jin snorted. "I'll help."
He gave in, silently making his way through the crowded floor to the bar up front. He ordered three pitchers of beer, giving one to Seokjin to carry.
"You must come here often," Seokjin commented.
He nodded. "A few times a month, usually to catch up with Yoongi-Hyung and Jimin. How'd you know?"
"The bartender didn't make you pay for the beer upfront, and he didn't ask for your name for a tab."
"You're pretty observant."
"In my business, I need to be," Seokjin chuckled.
"I guess so."
"About time," Yoongi said once they sat down and began filling glasses.
"It's starting to get crowded," Namjoon retorted. "It took a while for them to get the beer."
"Our food just got here, so your timing was great," Jimin said. They were all quiet for a while, focusing on eating and refilling glasses of beer. "Jin-Hyung, will you be coming to more of our rehearsals this week, after we're divided into groups?"
"I plan to," he answered. "It's easier to interact with everyone when you aren't in the larger groups, so I can get to know you all a little better."
"I assumed you just took all of your trainees out for food and drinks," Yoongi said, quietly, causing Hoseok to erupt into laughter.
"I was invited by Hobi," Seokjin said, defensively. "I didn't know you all would be here."
"It looks like our dancers are both sneaky," Namjoon snorted, finishing off another beer.
"I'm not sneaky!" Jimin shouted. "I didn't think you'd mind, seeing as how we all get along so well."
Namjoon kicked him under the table, but he was unaffected, laughing as he took another drink of his beer.
"Namjoon and I have put that behind us," Seokjin said, a little too loudly, as he wrapped his arm around Namjoon's shoulders. "We are going to have a great working relationship." He realized then that the pitcher of beer sitting between them was nearly empty, and he had only poured himself one glass from it.
"You okay, Hyung?" Hoseok asked, chuckling, also noticing the nearly-empty pitcher.
"I'm fine. You should be more worried about yourself. You look like a lobster."
"I've only had three glasses," he grumbled, touching his face. "You know I turn red when I drink."
"That's so cute," Jimin laughed.
"You—it's not cute!" Hoseok shouted, indignantly. That only made Jimin laugh harder.
"Hobi-ssi gets embarrassed about his cute drinking face," Seokjin teased. His arm was still around Namjoon's shoulders, but he seemed to have been the only one who noticed, since Hoseok was cursing at Seokjin across the table, and Jimin and Yoongi were laughing.
He managed to shrug Seokjin's arm off as he leaned up to grab the beer pitcher to refill his glass, but it just slid down to rest at his waist, his hand comfortably resting on his hip as if it was just natural to sit like that.
Yoongi didn't miss that movement, and he quirked an eyebrow at Namjoon, a small smirk ghosting his lips.
"Bathroom," Namjoon announced, looking at Seokjin. "Let me out."
He sighed as he made his way through the crowd to escape in the bathroom for a few minutes. Honestly, he didn't know why he was so worked up. Sure, Jimin had been teasing him all evening, but he always did that. It was because Seokjin was there. He always got worked up when it came to Seokjin.
After nearly ten minutes, and knowing he couldn't stay in the bathroom all night, he went back to their table. Unfortunately for him, he found it empty—apart from Seokjin.
"Where is everyone?" He asked, sliding into the booth where Jimin had been sitting before, opposite to Seokjin.
"Jimin and Hobi went to dance, and Yoongi said something about working on a song, so he left a few minutes ago."
I'll have to kill Yoongi-Hyung later for leaving me alone with him, he thought angrily to himself.
It wasn't that he hated the guy, he just made Namjoon uncomfortable. Mostly because he didn't hate him, even though he had every reason to at least dislike him. But he didn't. Actually, he liked him a lot, which was frustrating.
"Why are you sitting so far away?" Seokjin asked, sliding over closer to him and chuckling.
"I just sat here," he said.
Seokjin frowned at him. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Do you still not like me because of that review?"
"No—"
"Be honest," he insisted, pointing a finger at Namjoon.
"I let that go when I signed those contracts," he answered.
"You never call me 'Hyung' though."
He was taken aback. "You want me to call you Hyung?"
Seokjin nodded. "Everyone else calls me Jin-Hyung, but you only ever call me Seokjin."
He sighed. "You certainly are a needy Hyung."
Seokjin grinned. "I think I like hearing you call me Hyung more than I thought I would."
Namjoon silently cursed the heat that rose from his neck to his face. Why the hell was he getting embarrassed? Seokjin was just saying drunk nonsense.
Clearing his throat, he got to his feet. "I should probably head home. We've got rehearsal early in the morning. Don't want to be late and have Hoseok yell at me."
"I'll take you," Seokjin told him, getting to his feet.
"I don't think you should be driving."
"Of course not," he scoffed, waving his hand. "I'll get my driver to take us—did you just roll your eyes?"
Namjoon had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing.
"Why are you laughing?"
"You sound like such a CEO's son, talking about calling a driver," he chuckled.
"I am a CEO's son," he replied with a smirk.
Again, Namjoon rolled his eyes. "Call the car if you're going to. I'll go get the other two."
"No need," Seokjin said, wrapping his arm around Namjoon's shoulders and steering him towards the door, "Hoseok has his own driver."
"We should at least tell them we're leaving."
"I'll text Hoseok after we get to the car. I'm sure they won't notice we're gone, anyways."
He glanced back at the pair dancing in the middle of the crowded floor. Seokjin was probably right. The two didn't seem like they'd be ready to leave anytime soon, so he guessed it would be fine to leave. Although, he wasn't sure why he had agreed so easily to leave with Seokjin.
It's the beer. Yeah, that was it. The beer.

~~~~~

"Namjoon-Hyung is taking forever," Jimin sighed, glancing towards the restroom. He had practically fled from the table nearly ten minutes ago.
"I'm going home," Yoongi said, sliding out of the booth after asking Jin to move.
"Already?" Jimin asked.
His Hyung nodded. "I was working on a song."
"You're sure you don't want to stay longer?"
"Positive. I'll talk to you later. Tell Joonie I said bye."
Jimin nodded, waving to the older man as he made his way from the bar.
"Your face really does turn red when you drink," Jimin laughed, looking over at the dark-haired man sitting beside him. His face was as red as a tomato, and he was only four beers in.
"This happens after just one," he frowned, touching his face. "Jin-Hyung always makes fun of me for it. I never drink."
"It's true," Jin said from across the table, "the last time he drank was at the company Christmas party, and he ended up--"
"Let's go dance!" Hoseok announced, shoving Jimin out of the booth and grabbing his arm to drag him further into the crowd of dancing bar-goers.
"Come on, Hyung, I wanted to know what happened at the Christmas party!" Jimin teased.
"No can do, Park Jimin. I have my dignity as your dance instructor and choreographer to maintain," he smirked.
"Fine," Jimin pouted, "I'll just ask Jin-Hyung later."
"Sober, he won't tell you a word," Hoseok grinned.
"Fine," he smirked, leaning in closer, "I'll just have to convince you to tell me." He laughed as the older man sputtered a reply before turning around and dancing, ignoring him. He had to admit, he liked this easily-embarrassed Hyung. Usually it was the other way around. For the last month, Jimin could feel himself growing more and more aware of the older man, and every little thing he did had Jimin flustered. It seemed alcohol made him more confident, and Hoseok more reserved.
I'll have to remember that.
"Hyung~~~," Jimin whined, after several minutes of Hoseok ignoring him. "I'll stop asking about the Christmas party, so dance with me." He wrapped his arms around his Hyung's middle and swayed his hips dramatically, causing them both to laugh.
"Alright, let go and I will."
Jimin wasn't sure how long they stayed there dancing, but before he knew it, there were only a few other people still in the bar with them.
He looked around, startled, when he noticed Namjoon and Jin were also gone. "Did they leave us?"
"Jin-Hyung sent me a text a while ago saying he was going to take Namjoon home before heading home himself," Hoseok answered, walking back towards their table to grab his jacket. "We should probably head that way, too. It's almost three."
"That jerk," Jimin grumbled, "now I have to walk home alone."
"I'll walk with you," Hoseok said.
"No, that's alright. I'm sure it's out of your way, and I only live about six blocks from here."
"I'll have my driver meet me at your place. Come on." He grabbed Jimin's hand and headed out into the cold. The weather had slowly begun warming up as May grew closer, but he still had to wrap his jacket around himself a little tighter against the cold night air.
"Want me to have my driver pick us up?" Hoseok asked, noticing that he was cold.
Jimin shook his head. "This is fine." If the driver took them to his house, Hoseok would have to leave sooner. And, although he knew he shouldn't, he really liked walking like this, with Hoseok holding his hand.
"I guess I can tell you," Hoseok suddenly sighed, "but only if you promise to not laugh at me."
"Tell me about the Christmas party?" He asked, excitedly.
His hyung nodded, clearing his throat. "I had a few too many drinks--which was really only four beers and three shots of whatever Jin-Hyung brought--and I ended up dancing on a table. I also kissed Jin-Hyung, right in front of the entire company. Including his father."
Jimin stopped walking and was bent over in laughter, imagining the older man drunkenly dancing on tables.
Hoseok released his hand and crossed his arms. "I told you not to laugh."
"W-What did Jin-Hyung say when you k-kissed him?" Jimin asked through his laughter, clutching at his aching sides.
"He cut me off, stuck me in a car, and sent me home," Hoseok told him, obviously fighting laughter as well.
"I c-can't believe you k-kissed Jin-Hyung!"
"Alright, alright. It's not that funny," he grumbled, grabbing Jimin's hand and pulling him forward. Although he said that, Jimin could hear him laughing, too.
He wiped at his teary eyes with his free hand and tried catching his breath. "I can't wait to ask Jin-Hyung about this."
"I will kill you if you do.  Of course, he laughed it off, but I was too embarrassed to talk to him for three days. I just get really affectionate when I'm drunk, so that can end badly. That's why I never drink."
"If doing shots turns you into a kissing monster, I'll have to ask Jin-Hyung what he was serving you," Jimin laughed.
"What?"
It wasn't until Hoseok's wide, dark eyes met his that he realized what he had said. "What?" He repeated, feeling heat burning behind his cheeks. "No, I-I just meant that would be kind of funny to see."
Luckily, they had just rounded the corner to his block, so he pulled his hand from Hoseok's, told him goodbye, and practically ran up the street. He didn't look back until he was inside and had slammed the door behind him.
Had he really just said that? Sure, he had been thinking about kissing the dancer practically since he had become a trainee, but he knew better than to entertain the idea. Hoseok-Hyung was his superior, he could think about whatever he wanted, but he couldn't say those thoughts out-loud.
But he just had.
"What the hell, Jimin."