The New Trainees

"That's blackmail, Jin-Hyung," Hoseok frowned, crossing his arms.

Jin had just told him about the conversation he'd had with Namjoon in the car the day before, and now he was getting a rather disapproving frown from his best friend.

"I didn't really blackmail him," Jin said. "I just convinced him it would be in his best interest to join the company."

"That's blackmail."

"Ok maybe I blackmailed him a little," he snapped, pacing around his office. "But what else was I supposed to do? He's good, Hoseok. Really good. His lyrics actually mean something, and he writes them all himself. He produces the songs himself, too. I couldn't let that talent go."

"I see you've had a big change of opinion from 'talentless mockery of modern rap'," Hoseok smirked.

"I admitted I wasn't being fair yesterday. I apologized to him, too."

"And did he accept it?"

"He called me a dick."

Hoseok nearly bent over from laughter. "He actually said that? To you?!"

"Thanks for the support, Hobi," Jin pouted, sitting at his desk.

"I'm not surprised you had to blackmail him to get him to join. It sounds like he hates your guts."

"I think he does," he grumbled, laying his head on the desk. "No one hates me. I don't know what to do."

"Let him get to know you." Hoseok sat on the edge of the desk and patted Jin's shoulder. "He'll warm up to you."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then Mr. Worldwide Handsome will have found someone who isn't won over by his good looks."

"So funny," Jin snorted as Hoseok laughed again.

They both quieted when there was a knock on the door. Jin invited them in, turning on his business smile as Hoseok got off the desk to stand beside him.

A short man with blonde hair entered the room, smiling shyly as he bowed and greeted them.

"This is Park Jimin," Hoseok announced, going over to Jimin and wrapping his arm around his shoulders. "He's going to be a great addition to the trainee group. He can sing just as good as he can dance, too."

"I don't know about that," Jimin chuckled.

"I'm Kim Seokjin, but please call me Jin. It's nice to meet you. Hoseok has promised great things from you."

His friend frowned at him as Jimin blushed, bowing. "I'll work hard."

"We're off to the practice room. I'm teaching a class this morning for the newest recruits," Hoseok told him. As he opened the door, a tall man Jin recognized immediately nearly hit him, his hand lifted to knock on the door.

"Oh, sorry! Hey, Jimin," Namjoon said, looking surprised.

"Hey," Jimin smiled. "I didn't know you started this morning."

"Neither did I until yesterday," Namjoon answered, glancing at Jin before returning his eyes to Jimin's, where he noticed they softened slightly.

They must be friends, Jin found himself thinking, a frown on his face that he had to force back into a smile.

"Welcome to the company. I'm Jung Hoseok," Hoseok said, holding his hand out for Namjoon. He immediately took it, smiling.

"Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you."