The Trainee Trip

The beginning of the beach trip chapters no one asked for, but you're all getting. Shenanigans. Enjoy. (Honestly they're all panicked idiots. Someone help them.)

~~~

"This is a bad idea," Jin groaned. "Maybe I shouldn't be going. I'm the manager, not a trainee, so I shouldn't even be here."

"Hyung, you're already in the car. You're going." Hoseok buckled his seat belt beside him in the back seat.

"I don't think one trip is going to resolve anything." He sighed, leaning his head against the back of the seat. It had been three weeks since he had seen Namjoon and Yoongi at that restaurant — and three weeks since he had attempted to talk to him again. Judging from Namjoon's reaction, he had definitely interrupted a date or something, so that's why he was so angry with Jin.

Something about the first thing bugged him more than Namjoon getting mad, though. He said they were friends when he introduced him to me, but he does talk about Yoongi a lot. I guess it makes sense—they're both rappers, and they both make music.

"You're overthinking again," Hoseok said.

"Has Jimin said anything about Namjoon and Yoongi going out?"

His friend frowned. "That's why you're avoiding Namjoon?"

"No. Has he?"

He sighed. "He hasn't mentioned anything. Why don't you just try talking to him directly?"

"What if he's mad at me because of that night we all went out together? Like you said, I had my arm around him a lot. Maybe I crossed a boundary?"

Hoseok chuckled, patting his leg. "Hyung, just talk to him. You're really stressing out about this."

He sighed again. "I'm not really sure why, either."

"Because you like him," Hoseok stated, as if it was obvious. "He is pretty cute, and he's way more of a dork than he tries to let on. Honestly, he's kind of perfect for you from what I've seen in our choreography rehearsals."

Jin laughed. "Apart from the whole hating me thing."

"Maybe he's in the same place as you, he just deals with it with confrontation instead of stress like you do?" Hoseok suggested with a smirk.

"I hate you, Hobi," he snorted.

"Love you too, Hyung." Hoseok chuckled.

~~~~~

"I am so excited to visit Busan!" Jimin exclaimed, for probably the tenth time since they had all boarded the bus. "I wonder if my parents will be free tomorrow morning. We can go have breakfast with them."

He smiled at his excited friend. He forgot that Jimin had grown up in Busan before moving to Seoul to pursue his dance and music career. The coastal city was beautiful, so he couldn't blame Jimin for getting excited about being back.

"Have you ever been surfing, Namjoon-Hyung?" Jimin asked as their bus parked at the hotel and they began unloading their bags for the week-long vacation.

"No. I've only been to the beach, like, twice, so I've never had a chance to learn."

"I'll have to teach you," Jimin smiled. "I used to go with my younger brother when we were teenagers."

"Wasn't that only about three years ago?" He smirked, avoiding a smack from the angry blonde.

"I'm only a year younger than you, asshole."