Jon Snow X Waters!Reader - I Want It All

Start from the beginning

You smiled when you felt Ser Davos touch your shoulder, smiling sweetly at you. 

"Lord Tyrion has promised to keep you safe from harm whilst we are gone," he told you, "we can meet you again in King's Landing."

You released a dark chuckle. "So I will not know whether my brother is alive until then?"

"Jon will keep him safe, to the best of his abilities."

"Tell me, Ser Davos, how many men have ventured North of the wall and returned home safely?"

Ser Davos shook his head slightly. "I'm not sure," he paused for a moment, "but I know Jon Snow has." Davos looked at you frowning. "He will do all he can to make sure Gendry comes back to you."

You nodded and forced a smile onto your lips. "Yes-" you took a deep breath, "-well he better, Gendry's all I have left."

Davos gave a short nod and sent you a small smile before he made his way over to the boats. As he reached them, the men glanced in your direction. You lifted your hand, keeping the faux smile fixed on your lips as you waved at them. 

*Time Skip*

You hadn't seen any of them again until you were making your way to the dragon pits. You had caused a commotion as you shoved past a handful of guards to reach Gendry, and quickly wrapped him in your arms, burrowing close into his side for comfort.

"You're alive."

Gendry nodded, a small smirk finding it's way onto his lips. "It appears that way, yes."

You gave his shoulder a hard shove, causing him to let out a short bark of laughter.  "I hate you."

"No, you don't." You finally smiled, giving him another hug before moving to catch up with the rest of the travelling party. "You know, Jon was asking me about you?"

You snorted. "And what was it he wanted to know?" 

"Nothing in particular, just about you..." Gendry paused for a moment, "he was asking about our childhood, a lot."

"What did you tell him?"

"That you are a right royal pain in my arse." You shoved Gendry again, attempting to hold back the laughter that you so desperately wanted to release. "I told him that you are a kind, caring young woman who would give anything to see the world become a better place. And, I told him about how you cared for our mother when she was ill. Is that better?"

You smiled, a blush creeping up your cheeks. "Much." 

"Good, because he seems quite taken with you."

"He's met me once, I highly doubt he's taken with me," you uttered softly, shaking your head at your brother. "You must have misunderstood."

"I am a lot smarter than you ever give me credit for."

"No," you started softly, "you just give yourself far too much credit." 

You stepped out into the dragon pits and were left speechless for a moment. This sight of pure, untouched destruction had been so close to you for your entire childhood and you had been none the wiser. 

"Y/N," Jon had started, startling you out of your thoughts as you stared around at the haphazard stacks of stone that made up the walls of the enclosure.

"Your Grace," you answered softly, offering him a small smile as he approached you.

"I'm glad to see you looking so well," he continued, pausing as he glanced back towards where the canopies had been set up. "I have to admit, I'm curious to see where you'll be sitting this afternoon."

Your smile faltered for a moment as you watched him. "I'll be sitting wherever my brother is sitting. I was under the impression that he stands with you, Your Grace."

Jon hummed in agreement. "He does. But he has made me very aware of the fact that you have a mind of your own."

A small snort of laughter escaped you. "I guess that's one way you could word it." You shook your head as you smiled. "I have never been able to fully grasp the concept of following the path set out for me by others, Your Grace. It's my understanding that you would agree with me."

"I do." 

"Good. I wouldn't want a King who was only doing what others thought was right." You gave him a final smile before making your way over to canopy and taking a seat beside Gendry. Jon took a deep breath, watching as you smiled at your brother with such kindness that it lifted his heart.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x