"If you do plan to go somewhere," Aspen said, punching my shoulder. "Take someone fun with you. Jed must have been a boring company."

Jed opened his mouth to protest when a female with short, black, pixie hair quipped. "She isn't wrong, Jed. Facts, when presented at worse timing, could be a bit sour."

Jed mumbled something under his breath.

Aspen grinned at the female. "She is Rye, my Delta's mate... and Jed's-"

"No one asked," Jed said, shooting from his seat.

"Ex," Rye finished, grinning at him. "Ignore him, Alpha Lyra."

"How?" Rhaze asked, putting her elbow on my shoulder, using me as though I was a stand. "I meant-"

Rye's smile was the reincarnation of a devil. The lip ring she had did not help, nor did the three rings she had near her left eyebrows. Not to mention the ink she had on her dark skin. Her skin was something many girls would be envious of. Despite the scars and ink interrupting, I could see how smooth it was.

Rye bit her lip. "It was my fault. I thought I was into males. But when Shiela walked into my life, everything I thought was thrown into a storm."

"Your delta is female, Aspen?" A warlock asked, his eyebrows meeting.

"Problem?" Rye asked, folding her arms and giving him a glare.

The warlock appeared to be taken aback. "No. No. I meant... a few months ago, it was-"

"-Daniel," Aspen finished. "I am aware. But he no longer wanted to be the Delta, so he resigned."

"Apologies," he said. Then facing me, he gave me a polite smile. "Wayne, Alpha Lyra. I am the Reish of my tribe."

I nodded at him. "Good to meet you."

"Aspen," I said, turning to her. "Will you fill in with what happened with your brother?"

Aspen nodded. "I will try my best. At most, he will be heart-broken. But he will recover."

With that, she spun around and headed towards the stairs that led to the basement. What could Alpha Eric be doing there? Playing Billiards?

I gazed at the male who held his mate's hands. The male who came in along with Varian. Miguel had pulled his friend out to explain him.

"Silas," Gemini's voice cut through. "Nice to hear that you are doing well."

"Since when did you know how to come to Laukris?" Silas asked.

Gemini pouted. "Why is everyone being mean to me right now?"

"You should show your face often for us to support you," Silas said.

Gemini sighed. "Does that means if I leave now, you will hate me more?"

Silas closed his eyes and opened it. "Leaving again?"

Gemini nodded. "I have to. I have to leave for Summer Tribe."

Silas frowned. "Why?"

Putting an arm around the vampire, Gemini walked out, pulling the unwilling male behind him. Seeing this, Aries followed them. Riga's eyes flitted between her companion and me and she finally decided I would not kill her and stayed behind.

Kaina scrutinised her. "I must say, she does have Moria's eyes."

"Who is Moria?" Rhaze asked.

Kaina smiled sadly. "She was Priscilla's mother."

Rhaze inhaled sharply. "You still talk with Priscilla?"

Kaina sighed. "Her brother wronged me. She stood with me till the end. We are good friends."