I shake my head. "Look, everyone has their moments, that's what makes us human. Being strong doesn't mean never breaking down, it means being able to overcome it and I'm pretty damn sure you can." I say and point to the back of the car, not even bothering to look. "If we were to encounter another freaking supernatural being that wants to hurt us, I'm one hundred percent sure you have some kind of hidden weapon in this car I don't know about that would be able to kill it. Like I said before, you would protect someone no matter the cost."

She sniffles again before giving a small smile. "Thanks, Olivia."

I nod, smiling as well. "Anytime. Just know that you have people in your corner too, including me. I'll always be here to listen if you need me."

"Like a therapist?" She teases and I roll my eyes.

"I'm trying to have a moment with you and now you ruined it. Do you feel proud?" I scoff, causing her to laugh.

A ping sound goes off from her car, making her frown. "I knew I was forgetting something. Do you mind if we make a small detour to the gas station?"

"It's not like I have a choice." I sigh dramatically.

She punched my shoulder. "You're so annoying."

Allison pulls into the gas station that luckily wasn't too far from us but once she parked her car, I take notice of how weirdly secluded it was.

The only thing that was there was a black motorcycle next to the gas pump.

"I don't like this," I say as she starts to get out of the car. "It's too quiet."

"It's late so what did you expect?" She laughs and pulls her cash out from her glove compartment.

I glare. "You know what I mean, Argent."

"You're in the car so you're perfectly fine." She says as I peek my head out the window to look inside the gas station.

"You're being paranoid, Olivia," Allison whispers as she puts her money inside the machine. She puts the pump inside her gas cap, holding it into place.

I look up to see a guy and he was already staring at Allison with an unreadable expression.

"Can I help you?" I rudely ask, causing the man to look away apologetically. Allison turns to look up as well with suspicion.

The man slides on his helmet, nodding to us as he starts his bike again before driving away, turning the opposite direction from where we came from. His engine echoed through the streets until it was quiet once more

"Weird." I mumble, causing Allison to chuckle.

"You pretty much scared him off. I thought you were about to kill him."

"Can you blame me? Ever since that thing attacked us earlier, now I'm even more aware of my surroundings." I cross my arms. "Didn't your family start teaching you this stuff?"

"Well, my dad said he was gonna start training me soon. I just don't know whe--"

The lights around us immediately shut off, the moon being the only thing that made it possible for me to barely see Allison's worried expression.

"Can we go now?" I whisper and she nods, quickly pulling out the nozzle from the car and placing it back on the hook. I quickly run to the other side, back in the passenger's seat as she gets in the car.

She reaches to turn the key but then her eyes widen. "My keys are gone."

My heart drops. "W-What do you mean gone?"

"Gone as in they disappeared. What other definition could gone mean?" She raises her voice as she stepped out of the car. "Help me look."

I got out of the car and squatted down, looking under for any type of form of a key. However, all I saw was just small pebbles and concrete.