Through The Gray Blinds [61°]

It's been a week now. I..I think I'm doing okay.

We were in his office. I was sitting in the chair in front of his desk while he files some paperwork. It's been like this for seven days; making sure I'm by his side at any time. We'd eat meals together without the rest of the members, walk around the institution together, he'd stand outside the door while I bathed myself.

Now I'm currently standing in his arms. How we got in this position, I don't really remember. He moves back to peer at me, grabbing my hand and spinning me around. I laugh, catching both of us off guard. He grins though, pulling me toward him to start swaying our bodies. There wasn't any music playing, no background noise. It was just us, in his room, and moving in circles. I can't help but smile at this thought, which only makes his grin wider.

I think this is the first time in a long time I actually feel some sense of security. I guess this is a good time to bring up a ball dance. "Could we perhaps host a ballroom dance?"

His eyes widen in earnest at my words. "I didn't think you were the type to initiate such things." He concedes.

"Sorry, it was just a thought-"

He shakes his head, "No, no...I like it. Yeah, I'll have it done. Any particular theme you want?" I think back to what Korain had mentioned. I sigh, telling him I want a Victorian theme based ball, with masks for every attendee.

I didn't think it would be that easy for him to accept my request. Maybe Taehyung is making up for what he's done in the past. Maybe he's actually trying to better himself.

He hums. His fingers entwine with mine. "Blue Rose used to host ballroom dances...I forgot that I enjoyed dressing up and attending them." His eyes lower to my gaze. "I'll have servants color coordinate our outfits, get your measurements, shoe size, hair dresser-"

"I'm automatically your date?" Taehyung stops talking, brows furrowing. I can already tell he's thinking of a million scenarios in his head of what I could possibly say in response to his next question. It seems like he tends to do that a lot; over think.

"...You want Yoongi...instead?"

Yikes, go back. I quickly shake my head, chuckling nervously. "No--never mind, I was only kidding-"

"You can chose your own date if you want...I guess I just thought, because..."

"Because we're supposed to be starting over...or something?"

He nods, "Or something."

There's a knock on the door. Our heads turn. My body gets pressed against Taehyung's. I look up at him. He was scowling. Taehyung tells the person to come in; Korain popping in and ruining our serene atmosphere.

Korain grins, twirling toward us with a lollipop in his mouth. "Turn that frown upside down, pumpkin pie." Taehyung asks why his hair looks shorter than it normally is, moving both of us away from Korain as he nears us. "Oh, decided I wanted a change of style."

Taehyung peers up at the different hairstyle on Korain's head. He lets go of my hand when Korain stops advancing forward. Instead, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he converses with his brother. "You're up to something, aren't you?"

Korain puts his hands up, the palms facing us. "My God, ya always think I'm doin' something devious." He rolls his eyes. Of course we're going to think that, because it's what he's known for. "I just wanna see how Jeon will react to my hair. Maybe it'll take 'em back to our childhood when you'd beat the fuck outta me 'n call me a f-"

"You can leave now." Taehyung interjects. Voice harsh. Voice rugged with irritation. Korain only giggles in response.

His eyes land on me suddenly. I stare back with anticipation. Those blue contacts were back in; making his gaze seem more unsettling and uncomfortable to be under. His tongue plays around the lollipop as he taps his fingers against his arm, flicking his tongue piercing against the underside of the treat. I also take note that his fingernails have been painted a solid black. He's wearing his signature all black outfit; leather jacket topping it off. Taehyung told him to leave, but he was just standing there. Fidgeting.