Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Peter 

     Finally we arrived at his pack house.  Micheal had assured me that everyone was buried but they were waiting for Parker to carve the marker.  The werewolf speed and extra came really came in handy today.  They had buried the entire pack and carved the names of everyone onto a stone marker. 

     "Parker, Let's say goodbye first." 

     "Okay, will you come with me?" 

     "Of course."

    At first we stood there, the pack as well to support Parker.  He said, "Goodbye Mommy,  Goodbye Daddy.  I did what you said.  We are safe, Alpha Peter said he would take care of us."  Parker fell crying to the ground, "I still want you to come back. But I promise to tell Kara about you." 

     Charity sat beside him on the ground.  She wrapped him up and held him. Charity spoke so low that if it were not for my advanced hearing I never would have heard her. 

     "They won't ever leave you Parker.  They will always be with you.  It's OK to cry."   She then just sat and rocked him back and forth. 

    After Parker had cried himself out he stood up and said, "Let's go find the pictures now." 

     They walked together into the house and Parker went straight to the family rooms. 

     Parker found photos for each of the  cubs.  It was actually simple.  He made sure to get a family shot and individual of each member of the family. 

     "Its a pack tradition.  Each family keeps an album of their immediate family.  Daddy also kept an album of the whole pack together.  Can we take that one too?"

******

      Parker grabbed his favorite toys and memories.  We had explained that we would not destroy the house but it would get cleaned up and closed for when his pack was ready to live there again.  Micheal assured me they were almost finished.  We loaded the SUV with albums and Parker's things.  Joe and Gina also climbed in.    The others would bring anything that would identify wolves and family or pack heirlooms.

     I wanted my mate and child to be protected.  The longer we had traveled earlier the edgier I had gotten.  Almost as though we were being watched.  I felt better knowing they had protection should anything happen.

*******

Press Release

 The deaths of Damon Woods and his closest family was discovered yesterday at his country home.  It is not yet clear what caused the deaths however both allergic reactions and poisoning are being investigated.  The only survivors appear to be several small children, (unnamed for their privacy),  who are being looked after by family friends as stated in Woods's will.  The businesses and estate valued around 20 million dollars will be managed and held in trust for the children when they are able to manage their own affairs not before the age of 20 (also stated in the will).

     Woods was most known for his charity works.  His businesses funded several charities including a local homeless shelter and food pantry.  Woods also funded and preserved the land near his home as an animal preserve. These have each been assured they will continue to receive the same funding even though the staffing will drastically be changed.

**********

     Each of the children were adopted into the pack.  They were taken in by childless couples.  Two were couples who were unable to have children for what ever reason.  The others were older couples whose children had grown.  None would be a burden because the pack was available to help but no one wants to be overwhelmed and two couples had twins.  Kara and Parker were being welcomed into my family.