Shopping??? We are Going Where?

All characters and place in this story come my imagination with the exception of the name Kayleigh.   She is named after a friends' 3 year old niece.

*****

     Just as we are about to leave I hear, "Al-Alpha sir"  the girl stutters.

     Turning around I see its Kayleigh, the shyest girl in our pack.  She glances nervously through the group.  I am taking Charity shopping.  Of course Hope has to go and Micheal won't let her go without him.   Mary is coming and Joe and Gina are coming as friends and bodyguards. 

     "Go get in the car guys this shouldn't take long."

     Taking Kayleigh to the side I ask, "What's wrong?"

     "Your mate sir, we saw her picture today." 

     She glances behind me and I see three more teens standing nervously off to the side.  I bring them over to the sofa and sit down with them standing around me.  Normally wouldn't do this, its not in my nature to be below someone.  As Alpha I am always in the dominant position but  if they are scared of  me it will be a lot harder for them to talk. 

     "We went to the mall today.  We just wanted to walk around and maybe get a few things.  After we had been there an hour or so a police officer came up to us.  He said he was a detective but there were a few uniforms officer around the mall too.  He said they were looking for a girl about our age with a baby.  He said the girl ran away and kidnapped the baby from her dad.  We told him we hadn't seen a girl like that with a baby."

     Jason said, "Sir we kept a picture." 

He hands me the flier.   Missing Hope Blackwood, 6 months old.  Last seen with Charity Blackwood.  16, 5'8", 180-190lbs.  They have separate photos, but you can tell its them.  The flier makes it look like Charity has kidnapped someone's baby. 

      "Alright, thanks for telling me guys.  I'll take care of it." 

I give each a hug and they run off. 

     Pulling out my phone I call Dean, the pack captain on the police force.  

     "Dean, where are you?" 

     "In my office sir, Is there somewhere I need to go?"

     "No, stay there, we will come see you."

     After hanging up, I walk out to the cars, while calling the pack lawyer, Sheryl. 

     "Sheryl, I need you to be at Dean's office when I get there.  You have 30 minutes.  Reschedule whatever you have, this is about my mate."

     "Yes Alpha. Immediately."

      Once outside I get in the car.  I must have looked pretty mad because no one said anything and it was still extremely tense.  Once I shifted into gear the car automatically locked.  I think this is the only time I have ever been glad of this.  At least I didn't have to worry about my mate trying to run when I told her.  Charity and Micheal were sitting in the middle row with Hope between them.  Mary was next to me.  Joe and Gina had the very back. 

     "Charity, we have somewhere to go before we shop.  I need to tell you what the teens told me but I need you to trust that I will not hurt or betray you."

     "OK," she said nervously.

     "Kayleigh told me about seeing your picture today.  They had already been to the mall.  They told me about the police who are passing around fliers and asking if anyone has seen you.  If we go anywhere right now you could be arrested for kidnapping."

     Charity had turned white by the time I finished.  I could tell she was terrified and almost ready to run again.  

      "So where are we going then?  He can't get us again.  I won't survive if he gets us back.  Who will protect my baby if I'm gone?"

     Both Micheal and I have started growling by now.  We haven't made it to the highway so I stop and turn so we can see each other.   

     I am so close to shifting Charity won't even be able to understand me at the moment.  After telling my wolf several time she is still with us, I am calm enough to talk. 

    "Charity you are both members of this pack.  We accepted you, and the pack always  protects its own.  Both of you no matter what. Alright?"

      She nods but is still close to tears.  I hold her  hand and say before we shop, we are going to get you a lawyer and speak with the sheriff.  Hopefully you will be able to clear  all this up and have a restraining order .  Then we will have something even if you are recognized."

       "I trust you," she says slowly, "but I'm still scared."

     Unlocking the car, I run around and hug my mate.  A minute later we are driving again.  30 minutes later we get to Springfield city limits. 

     "Wow," Charity says shocked, "I only made it like 30 miles from home.  No wonder he came here to find me.  He probably thinks I just went to the nearest big city."

     "I was told yesterday while you were sleeping there were men looking for you around that tree we found you at, but we had covered your trail, and the dogs couldn't follow.  Don't worry beautiful, you are safe with us."

     "Thank you , so  much.  I really appreciate all this." 

     We live just outside of Flicker and including the driveway over a 30 minute drive to Springfield, the nearest town large enough for a new mom who needs everything.  Springfield is neutral territory to several narby packs as well as ours.  There are also several members of our pack who live close to here and drive out to pack land to run when they feel the need.    

    "Wow," Charity says shocked, "I only made it like 30 miles from home.  No wonder he came here to find me.  He probably thinks I just went to the nearest big city."

     "I was told yesterday while you were sleeping there were men looking for you around that tree we found you at, but we had covered your trail, and the dogs couldn't follow.  Don't worry beautiful, you are safe with us."

     "Thank you , so  much.  I really appreciate all this."

     We live just outside of Flicker and including the driveway only a 30 minute drive to Springfield, the nearest town large enough for a new mom who needs everything.  Springfield is neutral territory to several nearby packs as well as ours.  There are also several members of our pack who live close to here and drive out to pack land to run when they feel the need.

     Charity is calm by the time we get to the Police.  When we get out Sheryl gets out of the next vehicle.

     After introducing them and handing her the flier  I say,  "Sheryl,  my Mate is running with her daughter from her stepfather, also the baby's father.  We would like to clear this with the Sheriff's office and get a restraining order as quickly as possible."

     "Alright, Alpha Peter,  Let's go inside."  She slightly smiles at Charity, who is now holding Hope, "I will try to make this as quick and painless as possible."

     Charity nods and we walk inside with her in the middle.  Walking up to Dean's office is easy since both Micheal and I are frequent visitors, but we did raise a few stares since we have never come in with females before.

        Dean waves us in immediately and Charity sits at the work table and sits Hope on top holding her.   I am standing behind Charity with my hand on her shoulder.  Gina sits separately at the desk but on guard.  MIcheal and Joe are standing on either side of the door, almost on guard from someone coming through.

     "Alright Alpha, from the beginning please."

      I tell Dean about finding Charity in the woods and Joe and Gina tell him of how she was followed by a man and a deputy with dogs.  I  also told him about what Kayleigh and her friends had told me.

     An hour or so later Sheryl and Dean have started all the legalities for custody of Hope with Charity and charges against John.  An officer brings in a restraining order and Dean says, "We  are good to go.  Keep this with you just in case."