Hiding Charity

Words in italics are telepathic.  Only alphas and betas are telepathic in human form.  Pack wolves are only telepathic when shifted. Most have some kind of special power but not all will be used. 

All names and events are from my own imagination.  Any resemblance to other stories real or some one else's is purely by chance and accident. 

I am very sorry this is taking so long I know what I want to say its getting there that is difficult.

*****

  Peter's POV

     I stood with Charity in my arms.  Micheal and I started  walking and after checking to make sure Micheal was bringing Hope and the baby was happy, Charity laid her head on my shoulder, wrapped her arms around my neck and fell asleep.  I was surprised, during the entire 20 minute trip never once did she move and also seemed to relax even more. 

          When we arrived at the house I took Charity my room and laid her on the bed.  Hope having fallen asleep in Micheal's arms was laid next to her mom.  Micheal made sure to line the side and end of the  bed with pillows so she couldn't  roll off. 

     Micheal and I both stiffen as we get the telepathic link,

     "Alpha, there are humans and dogs following her.  We covered her scent and the baby's to the tree.  Joe and Gina were checking the clearing just to make sure.  A deputy and a man he called John were following her trail into the clearing with a couple dogs trying to track her.  The dogs couldn't find anything under our scent.  They wandered around the clearing and went back the way they came."  

     "Did they see you?" 

     " No, Alpha.  Joe shifted and dressed.  He is following like he finished a jog.  I am running beside him as though  I am a pet." 

*****

Joe's POV

     I jog easily up behind them.  I make sure I am quiet enough for the woods but when I am within hearing range I  make sure to make a little noise so they don't think I am  being sneaky.  

     "Looking for someone?" I ask easily.

     The deputy glances at me and Gina.  I am just in shorts and shoes, and since Gina looks like a mix of a wolf and a big white dog it does seem a bit startling.  But I guess since his dogs seem ok, he isn't worried.  Neither dog e mean and both move around to others side of the deuty.  Gina is not as dominate as me, although she is fiercely prtective. After sniffing both the men and dogs she growls softly. Both dogs cower and Gina comes to sit beside me. 

     "We were following the trail of a girl about 16.  She would have been carrying a baby, but the dogs lost her at the clearing.  Its like she went in the clearing and vanished.  Of course they didn't really like being there either.  Probably the woles they are reintroducing to the area.  Did you see anyone during your run?

     "I didn't, but I run here every day so if I notice anything unusual I'll call." 

     "Thanks."

     "Anytime officer.  Come on Genie," Joe said.  Gina started following him again.  She had sniffed both men and  the dogs during the brief conversation. 

Running back to pack house on the road isn't ideal but since all we really had to do was get away from people so I could shift and run through the woods it wouldn't be too bad.  Its about 15 miles on the road with all the curves. 

     "Alpha, We got their scents if they come back."

     " Thanks Joe and Gina."

     "Alpha, the deputy doesn't know what that man has done but he smells just like the male scent on your mate and the baby.  And I could hear the intent in his thoughts that he knew she was nearby, as though he would come back." 

     "Thank you Gina.  Take a break now both of you, I have teams running patrol." 

     "Yes, Alpha."