Getting to Know Him

This entire story comes from my head although I used a general idea on pack laws from CR Gangell's Kiss of the Moon series.  I like that you gave the pack standards for relationships.  If you see an error I made and I copied your work I apologize.  I read your stories often and repeatedly.  I am also willing to change my errors.  Please let me know.

*********

     Charity's POV

     This time I wake up to a knock on the door.  Its soft enough to not wake up Hope but I can tell by the sun just starting to warm the room that its about 7.  I walk over and answer the door to see Peter who has almost anything one could eat for breakfast piled together on a tray.  I close the door behind him and follow him back to the bed.

      "I really hope you don't expect me to eat all that."

      "Well I wasn't sure what you wanted so I just brought some of everything."

    No kidding in addition to two kinds of cereal, milk, and juice there are both pancakes and waffles, bacon sausage steak eggs and toast. Plus a fruit salad.

      "Don't worry, "he tells me, "eat what you want, I can eat the rest, no problem.  This is slightly more than what I normally eat by myself."  He adds with a wink, "Only a greater variety."

     With a nod I pick up a plate and pour some syrup on the waffles.  Deciding to freshen up first I glance at Hope who is still sleeping.  After using the bathroom and wiping my face I tie up my hair and return to the bedroom.  Peter had even made a bottle for Hope.  She woke up while I was in the bathroom and took the bottle from him as though she had bottles every day.  Sitting next to them I started eating.   Peter seemed to have a hard time feeding Hope and eating.

     When I tried to take her Peter said, "I can do it, I'll just eat later.  I like bonding with babies."

     Instead I said, "Tell me about you Peter."

Peter's POV

     "Alright , I'm Peter Stone, 23, and I am working on my Master's in Business.  I take online courses so I don't have to be trapped in a lecture hall all the time.  I also own my family's construction business since my parent's died 4 years ago but I am just now learning the ins and outs since getting my bachelors.  O, can't forget family.  My immediate family is younger sisters Mary, 17,  Paige,10, and my brother Jackson,  is almost 5."

     She looks sad when I mention my parents' death and is almost in tears when I talk about the little kids.  I hug her  and noticing Hope has finished I grab a towel from the tray and put her on my shoulder to burp.  The gentle patting surprises Charity.

     At her look I ask, "Well who do you think did this with Jackson?"

     Understanding and compassion enters her face and eyes.  Charity envelopes me in a hug.  Hope burps and we both laugh.

     "I had plenty of help with them but I had to prove to social services I could care for them.  Even though family was always near I couldn't lose them too."

     "I love that you raised them and kept them together.  Between the girls and a baby, it is amazing you managed to do all that."

Charity's POV.

     I can see such sadness in his face when he talks but I can still see how much he loves and cares for his family.  I can't help but hug him.  I take Hope so Peter can eat since I have finished.  While he is eating, I change Hope and tell him of my mom and how she would take me camping.