The Day We Found Felix.

Status: Alive

I sat on the floor—my back resting against the cold wall of the only bedroom held in the apartment.

Sitting next to me was Hyunjin. He had his phone out, playing a somewhat entertaining video out of the handful we'd went through after the others had gone to sleep for the night. Although we were all tired from a less-busy day, I somehow convinced Hyunjin to stay awake with me, at least until I figured out how we would precisely locate and eventually meet Felix face to face in the Living Realm.

"Reduce the volume," I whispered before placing part of the blanket we shared onto the boy's shoulder so I could lay my head on it.

Instead of doing just that though, Hyunjin turned off his phone all together and placed it somewhere underneath the blanket.

We sat in silence, but it was a lovely and peaceful silence because firstly, Yerin wasn't a loud snorer, and that left us with a quite relaxing array of sounds surrounding the quietness that flooded the dark room of which only the slim rays of light from the moon shone in the through the partly opened window blinds of the room.

"Hyunjin," I spoke softly, using the blanket to carefully tuck my arms at least a quarter way through the boy's right arm, "Please be honest. . .do you think I'm doing the right thing?"

Hyunjin turned his head slightly to look at my cuddly figure as I waited for a response—any response that wouldn't make me feel like throwing away my efforts and determination that I had put into this dangerous quest.

"Yeah," he answered, matching my tone of voice.

"So. . .this is what you want?" I asked, attempting to meet the eyes of the older boy to the best of my ability.

"Yeah, it is. I understand everything you mean by there being nothing to live for."

The raven haired boy's eyes wavered from my body to the one of the girl who was fast asleep on the bed in front of us.

"I feel so bad, Hyunjin." I confessed, as my emotions once again began to stir up inside of me.

"I said it's what I want tho—

"About Yerin, Hyung." My eyes began to water, "What if she gets arrested, or expelled from school? I didn't think about that when I—

"Shhh," Hyunjin shut me up with a soothing sound, "Stop accusing yourself. You're fine."

"But Hyunjin—

"Jeongin you're fine," He interrupted me once again, "You're gonna have to break up with her anyways. . ."

". . .all this stress will be gone too, very soon." Hyunjin mumbled.

• • •

"Do you have anyone under the name of Lee Felix admitted here?" I asked the receptionist, adorned in white like the rest of the small room within one of the multiple hospitals we drove to the following day.

We began our search early in the morning, and by now, we were ready to hear another, "No, we've checked everything, sorry," and be on our way this afternoon to yet another building in search of our fellow soulmate.

"Let me see," The hazel-haired lady looked towards her computer screen.

I gave Hyunjin a hopeful glance as he stuffed his hands into his pocket.

"If he's not here, let's just call it a day. We're not in that big of a rush," The boy told me, and I could tell he was just about as stressed out as I was. Hyunsuk and Yerin stayed back, as a request from the three of us that secretly had other matters to deal with, and Changbin had given up even leaving the driver's seat of his van.

I sighed instead of giving Hyunjin an actual answer, because as much as I felt like I was gonna collapse any moment, a part of me felt like I had to find Felix today, or it would be never.

"Lee Felix, you said?" The receptionist spoke up.

"Yes," Hyunjin told her this time.

"Nineteen years old? Date of birth September 5th, 2000?" The middle-aged woman continued—and that was when I suddenly felt more awake than I was when I opened my eyes this morning.

"Yes, yes," I stepped closer to her glass desktop, "Is he here?"

"Just got admitted last week," The lady looked at me with a slight smile, "Are you. . .relatives or. . ."

"Family friends." I said subconsciously.

"We've known him since ever." Hyunjin added.

"Yeah."

"Can we see him?" The older boy asked finally.

"Uh, sure. Just write your names down here and I'll have someone escort you to his room." The lady said before swiftly pulling out a sheet of paper.

I looked at Hyunjin, almost at the same time he looked at me, and we wasted no time in printing our names down—well I wrote a fake name because I was technically still wanted by the police at the moment—and waited for someone to just allow us to know that we've found Felix once and for all.

"Done," Hyunjin handed the paper back to the woman.

"Alright," She smiled, taking the sheet in her hand after looking to be on the phone with someone. "Head right this way."

We turned our heads to the corner of the room where a man stood dressed in professional attire. He initiated that we follow him, and soon enough, we were brought down a long hallway. The small room we were just in was nothing compared to the magnificence of the rest of the hospital—or what didn't even look like one.

There was so much going on, from recreation to art—the place was almost like a school, but better. Clean glass windows, a colourful and vibrant environment and so much space that it looked as if there were no people at all contained in the entire building.

"I'd rather stay here than Changbin Hyung's apartment," I commented quietly.

"Me too."

We were taken to a less colourful side of the building after going through door after door, and finally, we stopped at a room labelled "Fitness Room" and the three of us all stared through the window to see exactly what you'd find in a Fitness Room. Weights, treadmills, ropes and everything else.

But the only thing that really stood out, was the lonesome, dirty blonde, tan boy that was holding onto a pair of bars as he attempted to walk through with just one leg. And as unfamiliar as he seemed, I knew it was—

"Felix?" Our guide peeked through the door of the fitness room calling out the boy's name.

Felix turned around and then quickly proceeded to sit in a wheelchair before slowly wheeling himself closer to the door with squinty eyes. "What the fuck?"
_____