An Everlasting Friendship. (MSC)

Status: Alive

"Are you not dropping me off at the train station?" I asked Hyunjin as we parked in front of a huge, white and beige house.

"Aren't you the one that said your mom would kill you?" Hyunjin replied as he took the keys out and opened the door.

"Is this a museum?" I asked as we walked towards the door after he grabbed his duffle back from the back.

Hyunjin let out a loud chuckle. "Um no." He laughed. "Museum—pfft."

"Hey!" I hit his arm in annoyance. "Stop laughing at me."

He unlocked the door and I finally came to the realization.

"Hyung—this is your house?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes Apple, it's my house." Hyunjin told me after we both walked inside.

The place was enormous. So much space stood between the polished floors and white roof which hung a silver chandelier from the center, I wish I could see more, but Hyunjin pulled me back by my hand and I almost slipped.

"Nah, too lame, we're going out—

I let out a screech after feeling a strong ache in my chest after Hyunjin let go of my hand that must've caused the pain to come.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Hyunjin muttered as he hunched over at the pain he received as well.

"I-It's fine," I mumbled, squeezing my eyes shut for a few more moments before walking towards the door. "So. . .where do you wanna take me?"

"Somewhere you'll like."

• • •

We went to a really nice restaurant, it wasn't too fancy, but not too cheap or unhealthy either.

My style, but less cute.

"Y'know, you seem much more sophisticated and mature in real life. No one probably knows you like cute and childish stuff—everyone probably thinks you're like, a boring science geek who hacks people for fun." Hyunjin told me as we approached the counter.

I chuckled softly as I adjusted my glasses. "I mean. . .that's how I probably seem to Yerin."

Hyunjin paused before going to the cashier lady. "Yerin? Ooo, who's Yeriiin?" He teased me excitedly.

"Um, could you order for me? I speak like an old man and I don't know what I want." I quickly changed the subject as I saw the cashier lady staring at me and Hyunjin impatiently.

Hyunjin frowned and then turned around to talk to the lady behind the counter. I pulled out my phone with my back facing them, not too far away so I could listen.

Now that I found Hyunjin, I didn't know what I'd do without him by my side.

MISSED CALLS (13)
UNREAD MESSAGES (7)
VOICEMAILS (3)

"Shoot," I muttered, staring at my bright phone screen. My phone was almost dead might I add.

I tuned back into Hyunjin and the lady's conversation to possibly hear what Hyunjin has ordered for me.

"I'll pay with cash." Hyunjin said.

"Ah, no, it's okay. It's on the restaurant for you today." She began to whisper to him then, but not quiet enough, "Take care of him, yeah?"

I quickly turned around, and so did Hyunjin so we were looking at each other.

"Go on." She hinted at our tray with her head.

"Thank you so much." Hyunjin bowed, taking the tray with ready made food off of the counter and walking towards me as we went to sit at a table for two.

"Is she one of your fans?" I asked Hyunjin as he took off the red jacket which was part of his jumpsuit, to reveal a white, Gucci t-shirt.

Wow, okay.

"Nope. It's just. . .you're really cute for your age." Hyunjin smiled, tilting his head a bit as he bit out of a french fry.

"I look gross right now." I told him.

"Lies." He took another fry out of the basket and so did I. "So who's Yerin?"

My heart skipped a beat after hearing her name.

"This annoying girl from school—haven't I told you about her already?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah, except this time, it's a different Yerin. Tell me about this Yerin." Hyunjin leaned closer to me on the table. "The one that makes your heart flutter." He smiled suggestively.

I continued to stuff my mouth with fries as he spoke and widened my eyes at him at that last statement.

"Okay." Hyunjin laughed. "I know you like her. When a guy calls a girl annoying it means they're trying to cover up that they like them."

I shook my head vigorously.

"You like Yerin." Hyunjin teased, doing a little dance.

I swallowed my food. "No I don't!"

"Shhh," Hyunjin put a finger over his lips.

I sat back and rolled my eyes humorously. "Anyways. Thanks for bringing me here. Where are your friends from the track team?"

Hyunjin's mood suddenly seemed to drop once he shrugged his shoulders. He leaned back as well and stared at the table in between us. "I dunno, maybe at a party or something."

"A party?!"

"Shhh—

"Hyunjin, you should have gone, I'm so sorry—Why didn't you tell me—

"I didn't want to go." Hyunjin told me sternly but quietly, "It'll be no fun without you."

He rested his hands on the table. "You still remember that I love you—as a friend right?"

"Yeah, and me too." I said shyly, sipping from my drink while still staring at the boy smiling right back at me.

I took the opportunity to bring out my phone, after all, I thought it was a good time to get things sorted out.

Showing my opened screen to Hyunjin, his eyes widened in worry.

Recents

Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom
Missed Call: Mom

Hyunjin stared at me, jaw dropped.

"Hehe, I love you." I held up the peace sign.
_____