I Don't Like Her. (MSC)

"I want you to kill the woman downstairs."

Changbin's head snapped up at me with eyes wide enough I was scared the headache side effects would come back in a few moments.

"You what?" He questioned me in a louder tone.

"Please. . ." I held my hands out in front of me. "Please Changbin."

The boy stood up and shook his head, patting his pockets as if he was looking for something. "Nah, you're on your own for that."

"You're actually gonna leave me right now? I didn't know you were like that—

"And I didn't think you had the audacity to kill your own mother!" He stepped closer to me and I could see the traces worry in his eyes, "You have a mother Jeongin, you should be glad."

"But I'm not glad. I don't like her, and I can't stand living in the same house as someone who is just out to get me. Who doesn't let me live life but doesn't help me live it either. She's so useless to me now, I'm freaking eighteen. And plus, it's easier to get rid of her now so she won't be as sad when I—

"Then just spare her life and get rid of her some way else. . .I have an idea, actually." Changbin ran a hand through his hair, looking back at his black backpack for the umpteenth time this afternoon.

"Do you have something?" I asked in curiosity.

He shook his head, "No, um, do you know if your mom needs to go shopping at all?"

"Mom!"

• • •

"What if she's proven not guilty?" I whispered to Changbin nervously as we watched my mother spray on some expensive perfumes at the mall.

"That's why you have to be slick with it."

"Jeongin, come try on this one for me my hands are full!" The woman ordered.

I stepped closer to her and let her spray a blue coloured perfume on my wrist, she lifted it close to her nose and proceeded to sniff it. "Tsk- very strong..."

I cringed at the action and looked back at Changbin who was already taking another perfume which I guess would used for our terrible crime. 

"Now. . ." I whispered.

"What was that?" My mom glanced at me from the row of perfumes.

"You should try that one," I pointed at a pink bottle this time, "Use my other wrist."

She did as I requested as Changbin very slowly and slyly dropped the perfume he'd taken into my mom's large black leather bag.

"Y'know, I never knew you would ever want to come shopping with me. It's a great surprise actually, but I appreciate your willingness—even if it was just so you could hang out with your friend longer." My mother went on to say, "Thank you."

I stayed quiet. But still not guilty at the fact that the only reason me and Changbin offered to go with her was so that we could get rid of her.

Okay, maybe I felt a little bad.

Soon, we proceeded to buy the perfume and other makeup items my mom had wanted to buy, and I itched just the slightest when I saw a smile appear on her face because of the new things she had bought that she was prepared to take home and try on, but me and the boy beside me knew that there was no going home for that woman after this.

Finally, me and Changbin walked way ahead of my mom when leaving the store, and it would only be a couple of seconds before. . .

. . .the alarm went off.

My mom stood still for a moment before quickly checking to see if there were any unpaid items in her shopping bag as a worker approached her.

"Might it be an item from another store maybe?" The worker suggested before taking the bags and looking through them.

Changbin and I stood outside the store, watching the scenario take place.

The male worker then looked towards my mom's leather bag, not even having to search throughly to find the perfume bottle Changbin had helped me drop into it with the price sticker only partly hidden away and still stuck to the glass. He pulled it out and looked at the woman with widened eyes knowing it could have only come from this store.

"It must've just fallen in—

"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows, "Security!"

"Jeongin, it's really happening. . ." Changbin whispered to me. I nodded.

Stay strong Jeongin, stay strong.

"Jeongin-ah, please tell them!" She yelled to me as cuffs went over her small wrists.

The security man and worker looked at me then.

"I-I'm not with her, I'm with him." I stood closer to Changbin.

"Jeongin-ah!" She cried again.

"Don't worry we'll look through the tapes and see if we can get everything figured out." The officer held her arms and escorted her out of the mall.

The woman stared at me with watery eyes, obviously a bit shocked at the fact I didn't stand up for her.

Me and Changbin watched as she left the building. And Changbin took off his black leather gloves he had been wearing to leave as little evidence as possible.

"Did you put one in that she'd already touched?" I asked him as we headed the opposite direction.

"Of course. And I dropped it in so close to her hand—even from the tapes you wouldn't be able to tell if it's me. But your mom might not be in jail for long."

I shrugged my shoulders.

Once I do things I didn't know I was capable of, it makes me feel even more powerful.

___