Stranger.

Status: Alive

"Hyunjin, I'm gonna die!" I whined to the boy beside me as we walked out of the train station, now back in Busan.

We were now able to make hand contact because before we left, Hyunjin had grabbed some thick gloves from his mansion for us to wear.

"Hyunjin-ah!" My eyes started to tear up.

"Jeongin, it's now or never." We stopped walking once we got to a bench. "Call your mom."

"But—

"Call your mom."

With fear, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. And luckily, it was dead.

"Ha, it's not turning on!" I showed my phone to his face.

The tall boy snatched it from my grip and tried to turn it on himself after taking one of his gloves off, but to no avail.

"This is not a good thing." Hyunjin said in stern tone of voice.

"Loosen up, why do you want me to get in trouble so bad?" I put my glove covered hands at my sides.

"I don't want you to get in trouble, I just don't want your mom to die."

"What?" I stepped closer to him as he stared down at me.

"Don't you know how worried she would be as you're not answering her calls, replying to her texts—she probably already called the cops and they obviously haven't gotten their hands on you yet. . .And I don't wanna look like a bad guy. You came to Incheon with your own intentions, so technically this is all your fault."

"Sorry Hyunjin." I apologized quietly.

We began to walk down the path and finally Hyunjin spoke again after a while. "Do you know your mom's number?"

"Yes."

Hyunjin slipped his phone out of his pocket. His large, expensive looking phone. "Here."

I gently handled the phone and before I could even attempt to use it, he took it back and held the device to his face.

"Unlocked, now call your mom." He spoke straightforwardly.

"It has face identification?" I asked the male as I looked for the app I would use to call my mom.

"Yep."

". . .Technology's becoming so advanced. . .sometimes I worry I won't be able to keep up." I typed in the said number, "Cause I don't have any money. I won't be so tech smart anymore." I confessed.

"Hey, don't say that," Hyunjin placed a hand on my shoulder and rubbed it slightly, "You've already managed to combine two dimensions. Something no one, and hopefully never anyone else will be able to do. Knowledge is more powerful than money, in my opinion."

I smiled at Hyunjin, and him back at me before I finally called my mom.

"Jeongin-ah!" She cried, "Where have you been?! Are you in Incheon—I told you not to go! I told you, I told you!"

"Sorry mother. . ." I spoke softly in contrast to her overly loud voice coming from the phone, "I-I'm back in Busan now, w-with my friend, will you please pick us up?"