The Great British Baking Show

To no one's surprise, Freddie immediately agreed to the exciting prospect of going to the Hamptons for the weekend. She had been planning to bake a little the next day anyway, so the change of scenery was definitely a welcome one.

The next morning began early for Harry and his friends. As promised, Kyle had a van sent around to Harry and Freddie's apartment, which was decided as the meeting destination for the whole group, since Freddie was the one they really had need of. No one minded going out of their way to Washington Heights though; it was a free trip to the Hamptons, and how often does an opportunity like that arise? Literally never.

In the end, the van held Alex and his wife Rebecca, William and his wife Belle, Nathan and his now serious girlfriend Amanda, Harry, Freddie, and Shawn. Shawn hoped to find his lucky lady at the event itself, as he was unreasonably hopeful that he might chance to meet someone with an excess of money, but of course, everyone knew that this was a foolish notion, even him. He just went on with it for the sake of justifying his being alone on this all-couples trip. Because try as they might to convince everyone of otherwise, from the beginning of the day, it was clear to everyone, that Harry and Freddie had no problem in keeping to themselves as a couple might.

After nearly two hours in the van, the company arrived in Southampton, which consisted of high hedges and even higher houses, all surrounded by their accompanying estates. It was so much grander and altogether more impressive than Freddie had ever allowed it to be in her mind, because until then, the only thing she had seen of the Hamptons was from Gossip Girl or the Food Network. Everything was just so pristinely organized and vibrantly colored that Freddie could hardly believe she was still on Long Island at all.

Freddie was not the only one that seemed shocked by her surroundings, because even the guys, despite having been there before, were entire impressed by everything they were seeing. And the impressiveness only continued when the van at last turned down a private drive that led to Kyle's parents' house, which was no less fantastic than its neighbors. The main house was massive, but oddly enough, so was the supposed guest house. Upon seeing it, Freddie couldn't help but think that it would be perfectly suitable to stand on its own as the main house, but she supposed that the excessive grandeur was just a part of this place.

Kyle was standing outside waiting for them when they arrived at the front of the guest house, and like them, he appeared as if he had been awake for quite a while. There were dark circles under his eyes, and his dark hair was pushed back like he had been anxiously taking his hand through it all morning. He probably had been, now that Freddie thought of it. After all, if this incredible place was the location for his wife's baby shower, then there were probably a ton of details that had need of being sorted out. Though why those details should fall on him, Freddie didn't know; guys usually had nothing to do with the baby shower. But then again, maybe things were done differently here.

When at last the van pulled to a stop, the nine passengers climbed out and went to stretch their legs, of which Freddie and Harry were the last. But despite being last out of the van, they were the first ones that Kyle deigned to speak with– or really, Freddie was. As soon as he saw her, he brought her into a tight hug, thanking her ceaselessly and telling her all about the shit show that had been taking place over the last fifteen hours.

The group was led inside the guest house soon after, at which point they were all left to choose bedrooms. There were only four fully furnished bedrooms, and so Shawn was forced to take the couch in the upstairs living room while Freddie and Harry were to share the room with the twin beds. Neither were particularly bothered by this, given that they already lived together, and so no complaints were made by anyone except for Shawn, who claimed to have a newly-developed injury in his back that meant he couldn't sleep on the couch.