20

length: 0.3K words

"I haven't even watched the trailer yet," Jungkook said, walking after Namjoon. "Is the movie set in the MCU, or..?"

"God, you're the one who got me into Marvel, shouldn't you know?" Namjoon scoffed lightly, grabbing Jungkook's free hand in his as they entered the auditorium. Jungkook didn't respond; he just quietly followed Namjoon while staring at their hands held together.

It wasn't anything out of the ordinary — they had held hands before. But this was different, right?

Namjoon seemed to notice Jungkook's mental identity crisis but didn't say anything until they reached their designated seats and sat down. "You said it's a date," Namjoon reminded. "But I won't hold your hand if you don't want me to."

"No, no. It's all good," Jungkook promised, and squirmed around in his seat until he was comfortable enough. There was a border between his and Namjoon's seats, though, so holding hands wasn't quite comfortable but Jungkook could tolerate it.

It was worth it.

He placed the popcorn box in his lap and pulled out his phone, lowering its brightness and typing a quick text to Taehyung as the lights dimmed around him.

Taetae 🥴🖤

he got me popcorn and he's holding my hand :)

insane

he's really acting like this is a date

dumbass
u wont believe me but

bye the movie's starting

"Texting on a date?" Namjoon said, leaning close. "Really, Kook?"

"Talking during a movie?" Jungkook retorted back, a grin threatening to break on his face. "Really, hyung?"

Jungkook could've sworn that Namjoon's eyes glinted as he pulled away, his dimples deep and clear even in the dimmed lights.

Giving in, he smiled and leaned back in his seat, rubbing his thumb against the back of Namjoon's hand as the Marvel logo appeared on the screen.

"Have you even watched Infinity War?"

Jungkook shushed him with a firm squeeze as the first scene began to play out.