06

length: 1.7K words

He was going to do it. Jungkook was actually going to do it. He wasn't quite sure he was going to do it right but he was going to do it (!!!) and that alone was more than good enough.

With his eyes set on the plain brown door in front of him — the entrance to Kim Namjoon's and Min Yoongi's infamous flat — he took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair, hoping it looked fluffy and that he hadn't flattened it down instead. He tugged on his jacket's sleeves in a pitiful attempt to look a little smaller; a little cuter. Because he was looking cuter than usual. Jungkook was looking extremely cute. Positively adorable, babie material, boyfriendly cute.

...Anyway.

The plan? Jungkook was going to knock on the door. Namjoon would open it. Namjoon would be like, "Hey come in, bro."

And then Jungkook would be like, "Don't call me bro when we're about to go out on a date."

Okay. No. Absolutely not. Backtrack.

Namjoon would open the door and he would ask Jungkook to come in and then he would ask him if everything was okay and Jungkook would reassure him that everything was, in fact, fine! But he was wondering if Namjoon was busy?

And Namjoon, probably busy, would deny it and be like, "Never too busy for my baby," with a badly-composed wink, and then Jungkook would implode but remain composed and calm and be like, "haha, your baby, gay. Gayyy."

Nope. Definitely not that. Backtrack, again.

Namjoon would deny being busy. Jungkook would ask him out. Namjoon would be like, "Huh? Sure. Where are we going?"

Jungkook would tell him, "On a date."

And since Jungkook looked positively adorable, babie material, boyfriendly cute, Namjoon would gasp, and consider it for a minute, and then realise that they would look so fucking adorable together! And then he'd say yes and he'd blush and Jungkook would literally explode this time and his limbs would be distributed across the globe and Namjoon would have to go on a quest looking for them and it would be the cutest thing ever. Dora the explorer. But for adults. Namjoon the explorer.

Okay, no. That sounded like the title of a bad porno.

Then Namjoon would write songs about him and Jungkook would sing them and god, they'd be such a power couple. They'd make a better couple than Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé would if they dated in an alternate universe. Hm. Jungkook had never thought about the idea of Angelina Jolie and Beyoncé together but... they were both iconic women whom he genuinely adored. Also, the whole actress+singer trope? Amazing.

Almost as amazing as the Namjoon+Jungkook trope.

With a self-reminder to tell Taehyung about the lesbian fiction idea he just came up with on the spot, in less than thirty seconds, and to flex on it as much as he could, Jungkook grinned and rapped on the door, stifling a giggle when Namjoon yelled at him to come in.

But because plan included Namjoon specifically opening the door, and because he wanted to procrastinate as much as he fucking could, Jungkook started banging it with his knee. Then with his phone.

"What the fu— Oh."

The plan failed.

"Hi Jimin," Jungkook grinned, clenching his fists, mentally setting buildings on fire. "Hyung's here?"

"I'm your hyung too," Jimin grumbled, moving away from the entrance. Jungkook snorted. "Yeah. C'mon in. Before the neighbours call the cops."

"Kook?" Namjoon called from the living room. "I knew it was you! Jimin, pay up."