The Faint Of Heart

Chapter 10

Derek and I agreed to work with Peter. I was reluctant but, he's the only family we have left and it was an accident that he killed Laura. I just feel sick to my stomach with everything.

We made it to the school locker room and we shut off the power. It was just Scott. 

"Danny?" He questions. Derek rolls a lacrosse ball towards Scott. He picks it up and walks toward us. Derek and I stand there stiff and straight.

Scott looks at us with relief. "Thank God! Where the hell have you guys been? Do you have any idea what's going on?" 

I look down. Peter walks into view with a lacrosse stick in hand. "I really don't get lacrosse." Peter says. 

"It was you..." Scott trails off in shock. 

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport." Scott looks back at us in horror. I become numb to his look. Who gives a shit? Not like we were really family, like Derek told Scott on the full moon that was just empty words. 

"Do you know where the sport originated from Anna?" Peter asks. 

"I read somewhere that lacrosse comes from Native American tribes and that they played to resolve conflict." I reply expressionlessly. Peter always liked testing me.

"I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott." Peter says while putting down the stick. "But I need your help to do it." He adds. 

"I'm not helping you kill people." Scott says firmly.

 "Well, I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones. And that doesn't have to include..." Peter replies, then looks at Derek and I to add in. 

"Allison." I supply. 

Scott then turns to look at us with disbelief. "You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" Scott asks incredulously.

 I look down and fold my arms over my chest. "It was a mistake." Derek replies in a monotone. 

"What?" Scott asks incredulously.

 "It happens." Derek answers in the same tone. 

"Scott... I think you're getting the wrong impression of us. We really just want to help you reach your full potential." Peter cuts in. 

"By killing my friends." Scott states. 

"Sometimes the people closest to you... can be the ones holding you back the most." Peter replies.

"If they're holding me back from becoming a psychotic nut job like you...I'm okay with that." Scott fires back. That was the wrong thing to say to Peter.

Peter steps closer to Scott, and Scott looks at us. We keep our faces straight and without emotion. "Maybe... You could try and see things....From my perspective." Peter say while growing out his claws and digging them into Scott's neck. Derek and I watch Scott closely. He falls to the floor, and grunting. I look away while Derek watches Scott. This life is not meant for the faint of heart.

+

Peter was going out with Scott's mother, yup that was his big priority and she was also bait against Scott. Derek and I had orders from Peter to find Jackson, and kill him. I hated this more than anything but it was my job to kill Jackson, Derek already killed once and I didn't want him to do it again. It was horrible the first time he did it, and even though I hate Jackson I don't want to kill him, but I can't go against Peter, he's the Alpha.

Derek and I were in the boys locker room while Jackson was working out. I turn off the music and hand the I pod to Derek. 

"What the hell?" Jackson yells. "Hey!" Jackson calls.