Chapter Ninety-One

Start from the beginning

"That's going to win 1st place for sure!", Jonathan said, grinning at his friends, a man arm draped over Damian's shoulder.

And win it they did.

The art department had been the judges of the contest, and Damian and Raven had been declared the best when they'd brought it to school. The other pieces were incredible- many portraits and landscapes of homes had been done, but none quite achieving that emotional touch that theirs had. The only prize the two Titans had received was a certificate, but that was enough. Truthfully, just having his father look at him with such pride was enough to Damian; Raven was happy just to have spent such quality time with Damian, working together to make something wonderful that represented the both of them.

The hard work had paid off.

Similarly, when Jonathan and Donna's time came to present their dance routine to the class, they shared a shining moment. Damian and Raven had skipped class to spy on the two of them from the dance hall's window- only to be caught out by their strange friend Maps...who joined in watching.

Raven glowed. No, Pride glowed. Not the selfish Pride; the glad, proud Pride. Each move was executed precisely and fluidly, telling the story of forbidden lovers through the spice of salsa. So incredible was their performance, that their teacher had called for the other dance classes in their year group to sit in the hall and observe their performance (which Damian and Raven once again skipped class to watch and silently support). Once again, Maps had tracked them down and watched alongside.

"You two seem overly happy.", she noted.

Damian sniffed, "We trained them. Their success is ours."

"You trained them pretty well.", Maps remarked.

Locking eyes with her boyfriend, Raven smiled, "Yes, yes we did."

***

Before long, wedding preparations were underway- each detail having being carefully examined. The cake had been decided- a circular three-tier chocolate cake with sunset orange and sky blue frosting- that had been a process that Stephanie was best left well away from. Knowing her, if Timothy ever decided to pop the question, she'd have a stack of waffles instead of cake (an idea which Cyborg would wholeheartedly support, both of them having bonded over the love of waffles). Another determined factor was the location- and they had only Bruce to thank for that-: it would be on one of the private islands owned by Mr Wayne somewhere on the other side of the world, nice and hot this time of year.

They'd reached out to Garfield for the wedding- and would be glad to see him on the day- he'd vowed to come, having spent the last few months travelling around with various other heroes around the world. This had acted as somewhat of a grounding call, bringing the shapeshifter back to what mattered. Friends and family.

But besides that:

For the bridesmaid dresses, Raven had guided Koriand'r's hand away from the garish bright colours that would have made them look sickly and towards subtler shades. They'd ended up with a simple, mint green coloured, off-the-shoulders design, above the knee. It wouldn't clash with any of the bridesmaids' complexions or hair, and so fit perfectly. There even was one for Belladonna- albeit with a different, ruffled skirt.

This is what I'm picturing folks but a bit greener: