Chapter Six

"Damian!"

"Little D!"

"Babybat!"

"What the hell you little piece of shit!"

It didn't take a genius to figure out that the last one came from Jason.

Without warning, Damian was pulled out of the doorway- one that was brimming with confused titans and a smirking Dick. Bruce Wayne watched with aged eyes at the brawl before him...'brawl' meaning Jason pulling the new robin in to a choke hold and Damian effectively (by some strange means) kicking Tim in the face. Resulting in both Tim and Stephanie attacking Damian. Cassie being Cassie, she wanted in on the action, so leapt in, returning blows and kicking people in the face. Naturally, as Dick tried to separate Jason and Tim -who were rolling on the ground, punching each other- he got knocked square in the jaw by Damian. 

And Babs just cheered from the side-lines whilst Bruce stared apologetically at Adyn and the titans.

Cue a few minutes of utter confusion for some; black eyes and bruises for the others.

Until Alfred entered the room...

Raising an eyebrow at the batkids, the butler reduced them to bashful children- apart from Damian, who's shame was slightly less, but only slightly. Alfred turned to address the Teen titans, bowing at the waist.

"If you would like to step inside please,", he subtly ordered.

Gingerly, they entered the living room, Kori in the lead.

Walking in to the room, Raven sensed a tainted aura issuing off of the man with a white hair streak.

Jason Todd.

Not an unfamiliar name in the demonic world, she noted.

Of course, she and Jaime recognised Tim, seeing as they were working with him just a few years back. Though the others were slightly familiar looking, Raven couldn't exactly put names to faces, so to speak. Neither could Jon, Jaime or Donna, all of whose expressions reflected the intimidation they felt. Adyn, on the other hand, was all but hiding behind his fellow demon (something that Jason, the resident rebel, couldn't help but notice, attempting to stifle a chuckle).

Order restored, Bruce decided to speak, clearing his throat awkwardly, "So, as I am sure you are aware, due to circumstances and until further notice, the titans will be staying here, now I trust that-"

Tim's voice cut through his adopted father's.

"Hold on...where's Gar?"

Silence ensued from his words with no one wishing to confirm the regretful news.

Till Raven finally stated,"He left.", Leaving no room for discussion.

...

Crickets could almost be heard.

Shattering the increasingly depressing mood, as if a switch had went off inside his head, Damian urged, "Father, there is much to be discussed about the prior occurrences."

Adyn stepped slightly out of his refuge to nod a tad too enthusiastically whilst the other titans added some form of agreement.

"What prior-", Babs began, before being interposed by Bruce.

He asserted, "I have scheduled a meeting at the Hall of Justice in a few hours, there will be time. However, I believe it is best for you all to get acquainted first. As I have business to attend to, I'm afraid I can't stay. Just,", he turned to his adopted family, giving his signature 'Bat glare', "behave."