Chapter Sixty

(Shit guys, this bloody far???)

"You did WHAT?!", Batman roared.

Clark, standing besides the billionaire, winced, feeling nothing but pity for the boy to whom Bruce's anger was directed. Then again, observing the nonchalance on Damian's face, Superman didn't think his sympathy was needed: arms folded; both eyebrows arched; leaning against the wall; and sleeves rolled up- no fucks were given.

Besides, it wasn't as if Clark didn't have his own child to tell off. It had been a regular day at work, nothing too interesting to report, then he got a call from the school saying that his son had concussed a boy. Real pleasant. Oh, and then he gets a call from the Hall of Justice (J'onn J'onzz no less!) saying that Jonathan, Damian and Raven were there- and eating blueberry muffins of all things!

So yeah, that wasn't the best.

Forget cucumbers, Damian was as cool as the Fortress of Solitude, replying, "I fractured on boy's nose. Broke three of another's ribs. Smashed one on to a locker causing a concussion.", he smirked, nodding his head to Raven and Jon, who stood to his left, "They dealt with the rest."

"Raven!", Starfire gasped, her eyes glowing greener than usual, "I did not expect this from you!"

They had obtained a rather large audience in the JLA meeting room -considering that today was the weekly meeting of the Justice League, that shouldn't have been surprising. By Raven's reckoning, the Flash and Green Lantern were only there to see Batman get pissed at someone other than them. And Vic would probably do one of those big-brother type things after they'd been told off where he'd show that he understood what it was like to be a teen and how Bruce and Clark were just being parents and so on and so forth. Raven would look forward to that conversation: Cyborg had a way with people, like a genuine brother. Which only made Raven wonder where Adyn was since he wasn't congregated with the rest of them.

But that was dragging her thoughts away from the real matter at hand: Batman, Superman, Starfire and Nightwing demanding an explanation of the situation.

"Look,", Raven sighed, "I don't know how to say this but...", she dropped the pretends of thoughtfulness and snickered, "Oh they had it coming! I mean, really-"

"The condescension!", Damian agreed enthusiastically. "Tt. It was outrageous!"

"And the arrogance!", Raven threw her hands in the air.

"Three words: over-gelled hair."

"I know right! Almost as bad as the sports hoodies- B.O that bad can't be covered up with cologne!"

With a bark-like, bursting laugh, Damian grimaced, "That's far from the worst-", he narrowed his eyes at nothing, "Something in their general air that screams 'I AM BETTER THAN YOU' accompanied by those ridiculously smug faces as if they believe themselves to know everything and rule over everyone and-".

At this point, he broke off, noticing the raised eyebrow and 'you don't saaay' expression on Raven's face.

"Shut up."

The demoness snapped back, "I didn't say anything!"

"Your face said all!"

Ending this confusing but oddly cute moment, Hal groaned, "But what did they actually do!", wanting to hear the petty story and see Bruce's reaction.

Tuning back in to the outside world (and oh-so-suddenly realising their display of somewhat-hatred in front of several Leaguers and Titans) Damian and Raven halted their bout with faux-anger.

"Just...", Clark sighed, "could someone tell me what happened. I don't want to make judgements if I don't know the full story."

A nice, rational way of speaking and thinking, wasn't it? Very Clark Kent.