Chapter 8

Sonic couldn't stop the world from spinning. He saw the blur of Shadow clutch Amy and take off, leaving his team in the dust. He wanted to go after them, but fell every time he tried to get up.

Tails and Rouge went to either side of him, lifting him up by the shoulders. Sonic groaned in pain, but tried to shake them off so he could stand on his own, even though he knew that he wouldn't be successful.

"Stop, Sonic. They're gone." Tails tried to reassure him, but Sonic couldn't stand the thought of Shadow taking Amy away from him. Of all the hedgehogs, why him? He was cruel, vicious, and too vague and mysterious to be any kind of boyfriend material. Amy wouldn't fall for him, right? She couldn't fall for him. Sonic wouldn't let her fall for him.

He would kill Shadow first.

Sonic knew Shadow wasn't attacking Amy. She would have called her hammer instantly, and she would have screamed. It wouldn't be Amy if she hadn't.

So what was Shadow doing rolling around in the grass with her? Sonic saw the way Amy lookes at Shadow. It was the same way she looked at him. So why wasn't she being clingy with Shadow?

Sonic assumed it could have been blackmail, but then they wouldn't have been smiling so warmly to each other when nobody else was around. Shadow could have used chaos control, but he never struck Sonic as one for relationships. The only logical explanation was that Amy had feelings for that Faker.

Sonic growled. "I know," he finally replied to Tails. "You guys saw how aggressive he was being. And how badly he needed Amy. Not to mention the fact that she is still breathing. He must be using her for something. We can't just let her go with him."

Everyone looked too shaken up to say anything, especially Knuckles. He had a real soft spot for Amy, and punching her across the yard was going to mess him up for a while. It was Silver who spoke.

"We can't assume things. We need evidence. However, I'm not opposed to following them."

Sonic raised an eyebrow. Nobody disagreed with the idea. Some of them still looked uneasy.

"Actually", Blaze spoke up, "I think Silver and I should head back home and call the doctor, make sure he doesn't have any trauma."

Silver said nothing and walked towards Blaze, and they started back through the trees to the city. Rouge also left without a word, flying over the small grove of trees. Only Knuckles and Tails remained, each determined to find Amy. Or Shadow.

Or in Knuckles' case, both.

"Okay guys," Sonic said, turning to start on Shadow's trail of grass. "Let's move."

(Yeah i know this is short but i plan on doing another one and i wanted to let you guys who are reading know that i can only write so much with my homework my studying and playing basketball but i do want to finish this so i will really do my best!!)