Chapter 2

"She really said all that?" Knuckles the Echidna asked. Sonic nodded, keeping a nonchalant look on his face. His friends didn't know he secretly had a deep affection for Amy Rose, so he eventually got good at hiding his feelings when around other people. But to fool himself, he had to do that even when they were alone.

"Yep." He played with his gloved fingers. "But she'll come around. She adores me."

Tails rolled his eyes. "This is probably why she has given up on you, dude."

Knuckles nodded. "Yeah, about your," he made bunny ears with both hands, "huge ego."

It was true. Sonic prided himself a little bit too much as a powerful hero, but there was one other who could was more powerful than even him.

Luckily, Shadow the hedgehog wasn't trusted very much. Sure, he helped Sonic's friends save planet earth, but he preferred to work alone. Sonic didn't like him very much either, as they looked alike and were associated with each other.

Frankly, Shadow didn't care for Sonic either. As a matter of fact, he couldn't care less about any of Sonic's petty friends. Only one snagged his attention. The pink one interested him greatly, mainly because she pushed Sonic to his limit and brought out his bad side. Not even Shadow could make him as mad as she could, and for that he admired her. He started following her home, making sure she arrived safely, and would sleep in trees nearby Incase she needed assistance. He didn't know why he did it, but he came to the slightly irrational conclusion that she brought joy into his day by irritating Sonic to the point that Shadow could even smile. Without her, he would have to put himself at risk of being bombarded with Sonic's crew with one look. He discovered her name was Amy. Amy Rose.

However, today was not the case. Shadow was sitting on the beach, watching the sun dance with the water on the horizon. He had been there all day, oblivious to the rest of the world around him. He was waiting to catch Amy and stalk her home, and it was about time she started her trek in the woods. He stood up, brushing the sand off with his white gloves.

He pulled out an emerald, putting it in the palm of his hand. He had great control of chaos control, and could teleport to different destinations as he pleased. He chose a large tree by the trail to Amy's hut, sitting on a thick branch to await her arrival.

He waited for hours, to the point of darkness, when he realized something wasn't right. She hadn't come down the trail yet, and by this time she would have already been asleep.

"Hmm," he said, hopping down from the tree. He decided to go to Amy's house, just to make sure she was safely at home. Even if she screamed and slammed the door shut in his face, at least he would know that she was alright. Not that he cared about her, just the joy she brings him of annoying that faker, Sonic.

It didn't take long to reach her house. He knocked on the front door, shifting weight while waiting for a response. Nothing. He knocked again, this time louder. Still nothing, not even a slight movement in the house. Shadow impulsively tried the door, which was unlocked to his surprise. At this, he was alert. Amy always locked the door at night. If she hadn't, that means that she fell asleep early and probably forgot, or she didn't come home at all.

Shadow walked in, careful not to make any noise. He scanned the carefully organized home, which was almost as clean as a hospital. There were no dishes in the sink from a dinner. The house wasn't warm from the fireplace she ran until she went to bed. There was no indication that she had been here since this morning.

Shadow walked into her bedroom, glancing at her empty bed. "So, she really isn't here," he muttered to himself. He didn't see any reason that she would stay out late. This made no sense.

Something caught Shadow's attention from the corner of his vision. He turned to find a piece of paper, glowing under the moonlit window. He grabbed it, turning it so he could read it completely.

My dear sweet Ms. Amy Rose.
I'm going to apologize in advance for what I'm about to do, but I've been getting sick of you running into my lab just so Sonic can destroy another robot. I've agreed to be peaceful as long as you don't bother me, but you won't give me a chance. That was the last straw, little girl. If you want a fight that badly, then I'll give you all I've got. Disclaimer: I'm not holding back.
Now, for whoever else is reading this paper...
Don't even try to come looking for her. She brought this upon herself, and I won't hesitate to eliminate another one of Sonic's teammates for you to leave me at peace. I went easy on you all before, but you haven't even seen half of what I can do. Consider Mrs. Rose a warning.
Eggman

Shadow dropped the paper on the floor, sprinting out the front door. He had a feeling Eggman was keeping her in his lab, but he had only one way to find out.

He pulled out his emerald again, teleporting to his next destination.

...

Amy was thrown across the lab, hitting her back and head hard on the wall behind her. She slumped to the floor, blood dripping out of her mouth. Coughing, she hissed, "Why not just kill me now? Isn't that what you want?"

Eggman smiled maliciously. "When you're friends realize you're missing, they will find the note I left you and come to rescue you." Eggman's voice turned sinister. "Little will they know that you had died the night before, tortured painfully and slowly to death. And if that isn't a peace treaty enough, then I'll have to do the same to the rest of your friends."

Amy smirked, straining against the pain in her abdomen. "Unfortunately for you Eggman, Sonic won't be coming for me this time. You won't get any of my friends."

Eggman frowned slightly at this before pushing another button on his remote, which used its giant metal hand to throw Amy across the room again. Even weaker than before, Amy groaned in pain. "And what makes you say that?"

Despite the unbearable pain, Amy laughed. "I assume Sonic will get to my house first and find the note. But he won't come looking for me." Her laughter let out a sob, both in pain and in sadness. "He will hide the note, making sure none of them find me. So trust me when I say that they won't be coming for me anytime soon."

Eggman picked the girl up with the metal hand, slamming her into the wall, but this time he held her there, slowly crushing her against it. Amy yelped in pain, struggling to contain her tears. "And do you think that will make me let you go?" He asked deviously. "You are the one who keeps giving me trouble, Amy Rose. If what you are saying is true, then all I need to do is kill you."

Amy heard her rib cage crack and send a shock of pain through her body, awarding her a scream of pain. Eggman laughed like he was watching a circus act.

"Goodbye Miss Rose," Eggman giggled. Just as he was about to crush her tiny body under the robot's weight, the power to it was suddenly cut off, causing it to slump down to the ground. Amy was let free, passing out when she hit the concrete below her.

Eggman screamed in terror as the robot fell to the ground. The crawled out of another one of his ruined creations, peering through the smoke of the damage. Surely enough, the wretched hedgehog's silhouette stood among the wreckage. Eggman growled in anger. "I will get you Sonic. This peace treaty is off. You and your friends are in a lot more trouble than you think they are!"

The creature stepped through the smoke, earning Eggman a gasp in confusion. Shadow glared down at the old man, hands balled into fists. "Fortunately for you, I'm not Sonic." Shadow looked past Eggman to the girl. "I'm just here for her."

Eggman tried to stand up to protest, but couldn't fit the rest of the way out of his machine. He struggled, desperate to finish what he started, but sighed in defeat and lay in hopelessness.

Shadow stared at the girl for a long time, hoping she would just wake up and walk out of here on her own. She didn't move, even when he nudged her with his foot and asked her to get up. Groaning, he carried her bridal style out of the lab, starting the walk to her house.

Authors note:
Woah yeah I'm really liking this fanfiction. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! I've read some really good fanfics on here but if y'all can recommend some to me that would be great! Wonder who Amy will pick ;))