21

Amora
Saturday afternoon

I started working on the weekends so I could avoid Blythe. We've been avoiding each other after what she did to me. My parents want to come over and see us but I'm doing everything in my power to get that out their head.

"Hey, do you mind taking the night shift for me." Marie poked her head into the break room, I gave her the thumbs up then went back to my lunch.

"A verbal yes would be nice."

I am on a no-talking streak, I simply write or text what I have to say. Marie has been doing everything she can to get me to talk.

"Just one word, three letters." Marie stood behind me putting her hands on my shoulders. "Yes." I let out as she squealed hugging me from behind.

"Thank you!" Marie cheered squeezing me tightly. "Mhm."

"Oh my! Come on just talk! I'll do anything."

I sighed slowly opening my mouth. "There's nothing to say, I said I'll take your shift and that's it." I let out getting up from my seat. "What's gotten into you?"

"Well let's see, I'm in a relationship that I'm not really sure if I want it anymore, my co-worker is trying to marry my coworker, what else? Oh! And I'm getting abused, almost forgot about that." I threw the rest of my lunch away then wiped my hands with a napkin.

"So I'm sorry if I'm not in the mood for a conversation, my life isn't exactly perfect." I'm not sure where I went wrong with Blythe. Maybe when I wouldn't shut up about Jackie, or when I went behind her back to look for her sister. I don't know.

"Am I ruining something here?"

I rolled my eyes looking over to see Jackie. "Did you think I was joking when I said you took what's mine? You don't know Blythe like I do, I know the insides and outsides of her. I know the darkest secrets that she wouldn't dare tell you." Jackie cornered me staring dead in my face.

"Yes, and that must make you feel oh so powerful? You're not really winning anything. Every day you're in my face talking about your 'beloved Blythe' she doesn't even like you."

"You have no idea how crazy you look worrying about another woman when you're already married. That's great that you know more about Blythe than I do, congratulations, but I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you run your mouth." I am tired! Of Jackie telling me how well she knows Blythe, good for her but at the end of the day, it's me who goes home to Blythe every night.

"If you're done ranting I'd like to pass out my invitations," Jackie said looking down at her nails.

I snatched the pamphlet out her hands then gazed over it.

You're invited!
To the wedding of  Jackie and Blythe Fayre!

Plus 1 required

I didn't bother to read the rest, I just ripped it up. "Great, you're officially crazy," I said throwing away the paper. "Step outside." I sighed taking off my work idea. "Excuse me." Jackie chuckled.

"Amora, you don't have to do this." Marie cried grabbing at my arm. "It's clear she wants to scrap."  I don't care about this job anymore so if I lose it oh well.

"I'm not fighting a child." Jackie looked me up and down smiling. "You don't really got a choice." I laughed tying up my hair. I pulled away from Marie and went off swinging at Jackie. How you a grown woman trying to break up two children?!