Sweet dream

A knock on the door steals me away from my dream. His passionate lips didn't get to touch my skin this time, as I awake to the daily torture that I call my real life.

     I hardly manage to get out of bed and find my way through the living room to see who has the audacity to bother me this early on a Saturday morning.

    The door parts and I am greeted by the presence of a person I know so well... Too well if you ask me.

    Lala as I call her from childhood, or Laura by her real name.

    She is my oldest and dearest friend, except for this morning when I could easily throw her back in the street for waking me up.

     We practically grew up together in Philadelphia but decided to move to NY, mostly to escape our parents and to gain so much wanted independence.

    "Wake up!"

     "I'm standing, so I'm up!" I muttered giving her an annoyed look.

    "Not with that face, you're not!"

    "Did I interrupt your date with Prince Charming?"

    I can't handle her this morning...

     "Hey! Don't walk away from me!" Lala shouted as I was making my way to the kitchen to get a much-needed cup of coffee.

    Words were echoing the room but the sound of the coffee filter was much sweeter than her babbling this morning.

   Drop by drop the mug filled with the precious liqueur and only after a few sips the world around me started to make sense.

    "Lala, isn't it a little early for this house call? What are you doing here at 7 am?"

    "Haven't you been listening to a word I said?"- her eyes almost popped out of her head, to my amusement.

    "I can't processes without coffee" I shrugged letting my body slip in one of the kitchen chairs.

    She slowly passed by me, getting herself a cup "I came here to get you to go clubbing "

     "At 7 am? Have you lost your mind?"

     "Tonight, not now... I was on my way to work and I just thought I'd stop by and ask you."

     "Texts... Ever heard of them?" I muttered under my breath trying to figure out how is it that she's still my friend.

     Her arms quickly grabbed me into a hug "Ahhh... Bestie, I thought I'd share the pleasure of waking up this early on a weekend day".

     "So thoughtful of you, but I'll have to pass on the clubbing this time. My boss wants me to seduce a guy into working with us."

    "Did you switch jobs and I'm not aware of it?"

     Her reaction made me smile, realizing what Karla was really asking me to do at the gala.

    "There's this guy... Damien Arion. I have to convince him to work with our gallery".

    Lala's eyes widened as she put the cup on the kitchen counter. Then, she broke out in hysterical laughter... "Damien... You need to seduce Damien into working with you?"

    "Would you stop laughing and tell me what's so amusing?" I pouted, putting my arms together, knowing that my reaction would make her stop, and actually explain things to me, without having to deal with a half an hour of her making jokes on my account.