What are we?

We were finally back at our cottages, the smell of food in the cafeteria filled my lungs making my mouth water. Everyone has already been stuffing their mouths full with food, not even chewing. I sat down quickly and began to eat, my stomach finally being filled with something.

"Mm, hajime, slow down you're gonna choke," Komaeda said while laughing.

I stared back up at him, my mouth still stuffed with food. I nodded and went back to my food, chewing slower.

"So, I was wondering if you and Chiaki wanted to hang out?" Komaeda asked.

"Yeah sure."

"Don't feel pressured or anything! I understand if you don't want to hang out with trash,"

I Interrupted him, "you aren't trash."

He nodded and went back to eating.

Finally we had finished our food, I got up and walked out with Chiaki and Komaeda hanging at my sides.

"Well what did you guys want to do?"

"Oh would you like to go to the beach?" Chiaki asked. I looked at Komaeda and he nodded. The three of us went back to our cottages to pick up our bathing suits and we made our way towards the water.

I walked along the shoreline, my feet touching the warm water. Komaeda sat in the sand and started to draw in it with his finger while chiaki was swimming around in the water. The familiar smell of salt water and the feeling of wet sand beneath my feet made me feel at peace somehow, reminding me how at peace I could feel whenever I was with Komaeda and chiaki.

"Hajime!" Komaeda called out to me and waved me towards him.

I sat down next to him, "what's up?"

"Mmm nothing, just missed you," he leaned his head onto my shoulder. I put my head on-top of his and listened to the sound of the waves crashing. His soft hair tickled my skin making me smile.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because of you," I kissed the top of his head and returned back to my original position. I don't remember how long the two of us stayed in that position, but it was for a long time. Chiaki got out of the water and made her way towards us.

"You two look comfortable." I nodded my head slightly, not moving from Komaeda.
She sat down next to us and watched the water. The three of us sat in silence, it was a comfortable silence. Not to long after I heard soft snoring coming from underneath my head. Komaeda must've fallen asleep. It was cute, of course I couldn't wake him up. I felt chiaki tap my shoulder.

"Is he sleeping?" She whispered.

I giggled, "like a baby."

Chiaki laid in the sand and closed her eyes. "Well I'm sleeping too." She said quietly. Not even a minute later she was fast asleep. I decided to switch into a laying position as well, however the only problem being Komaeda. I gently picked up his head and laid him down in the sand.

"Hmm, Hajime?" His eyes fluttered open.

"Shh go back to sleep," I laid down next to him. He nodded his head and placed it on my chest, closing his eyes once again. I soon followed, falling to sleep.

After their napping session

I felt Komaeda moving right next to me, causing me to wake up. He was already standing up and dusting off his pants. "Huh? Oh sorry Hajime, I didn't mean to wake you up." He stopped dusting himself off and helped me to my feet.

"No it's okay really! There's actually a few things that I needed to talk to you about." I awkwardly rubbed my neck. Komaeda looked at me curiously but then continued to dust himself off.

"Well what did you need to talk about Hajime?" He asked. I looked around to see if Chiaki was still there, but she wasn't.

"Uhh can we go back to your cottage? I'll tell you there." Komaeda nodded his head and we began to head to his cottage.

Time skip brought to you by Hajime's orange juice

I took a seat on Komaeda's bed and he followed shortly. "Okay what was it Hajime?" He asked.

"Oh I was just wondering, what are we?" Komaeda's eyes widened, he probably didn't expect that. I felt my throat get dry, he wasn't responding. "Umm Komaeda? Did you hear me?" I waved my hand in front of his face and he smiled warmly. "I heard you. Well Hajime, what do you want us to be?"

I gulped, obviously I wanted him to be my boyfriend officially. But what if he didn't feel the same way? What if he hated me because I was a reserve core student? What if he gets mad at me and storms off and leaves me alone?

"Hajime, Stop overthinking things," Komaeda whispered before putting his lips on mine. I felt my breath hitch in my throat, he didn't even give me time to respond to his damn question.

"Will you do the honors of being mine Hajime?" Komaeda whispered against my lips. I nodded my head and crashed my lips against his again.

OKAY so I know it's been like two weeks since  I've uploaded a chapter. 1   I had a family emergency that's been taken up the majority of my time and 2 I had no idea what to write. So this chapter was actual shit, BUT I promise I know exactly what I'm doing for the next chapters because the story is almost finished. Therefore, the chapters should be out more often and hopefully they'll be more in character. I'm planning on doing a few different endings as well.

-Athena