Introduction

A/N!
Hey, thank you so much for checking out my story! This is my first story, so I apologize in advance for any grammar errors. This story is going to include mentions of death and maybe some triggering/ inappropriate topics. I'll put a warning before each chapter if it is considered triggering or inappropriate.
-Athena

My eyes began to flutter open, my head was pounding. "Geez, what happened?..." I said in a dazed state.

My vision was still blurry but I could still make out the silhouette of someone standing above me and the blue sky behind the silhouette.

"Hey wake up!" Said a voice that sounded extremely far away.

Suddenly, I felt the feeling of extreme heat pounding on my body.

"W-where are we?"

"Oh, you don't remember either?" said the stranger in an almost disappointing tone.

"W-we were in the classroom just a moment ago! Where are we now?"

I was so confused, I don't even remember who I am.

The boy held out his hand to help me up, I accepted it as I shakily stood up.

"My name is Nagito Komaeda, I am the ultimate lucky student!" The boy held out his hand, expecting me to shake it.

"Uh, nice to meet you Nagito, my name is..." My voice trailed off as I tried to remember who I was.

"Is something wrong?"

Nagito seemed just as confused as I was.

"Haha sorry about that, my name is Hajime Hinata. I somehow can't remember my ultimate."

"Y-you can't remember your ultimate?" Nagito seemed stunned for a moment.

"I'm sorry, I really wish I could remember myself" I responded hastily.

"No worries! Besides, you'll remember your ultimate eventually. It's probably so much better than my worthless talent."

"I wouldn't call your ultimate worthless in fact, it's really cool!" I stated.

Nagito seemed taken aback from my words, it was odd. Almost as if he's never been complimented before.

"Hey let's go introduce you to the other ultimates!" Nagito flashed me an innocent smile that made my heart flutter for an unknown reason.

Peko Pekoyama, the ultimate swordswomen,

Byakuya Togami, the ultimate affluent progeny,

Akane Owari, the ultimate gymnast,

Teruteru Hanamura, the ultimate cook,

Sonia Nevermind, the ultimate princess,

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, ultimate yakuza,

Kazuichi Soda, the ultimate mechanic,

Chiaki Nanami, the ultimate gamer,

Mahiru Koizumi, the ultimate photographer,

Hiyoko Saionji, the ultimate traditional dancer,

Mikan Tsumiki, the ultimate nurse,

Ibuki Mioda, the ultimate musician,

Nekomaru Nidai, the ultimate team manager,

Gundham Tanaka, the ultimate breeder,

These were all the ultimates, standing right in front of me. Although I hadn't known them long I did form... opinions on some of them. Hiyoko was... she was one special, human. However, Nagito Komaeda intrigued me the most.

Suddenly the pink bunny Monomi showed up and gave us our first "assignment".

"This field trip has been kind of weird hasn't it?" A voice said from behind me. It was him, Nagito Komaeda.

"Ah, it's you Nagito. Yeah you're right, this is strange isn't it?"

Monomi got the idea we should all go swimming, we all got our swimsuits on. I sat at the shore gazing into the water when suddenly I felt the presence of someone next to me. It was Nagito.

"Why aren't you swimming?"

"Just thinking"

"If it's about your ultimate, you can always talk to me about it. Trash like me won't be that much help but-"

"Hey stop that, you aren't trash. You're an ultimate aren't you?"

Komaeda has talked a few times about him being "trash" or "worthless" but I couldn't believe it. At least he had an ultimate he knew about.

However, Nagito Komaeda intrigued me more than anyone else here on this damned island.