No Secret Stays A Secret

_______________________

Theme Song: Everglow - Moon
_______________________

As Summer break draws to an end I begin preparing myself for when school would reopen once again. Soobin and I have not been able to see each other quite often as we wished. His schedule has been really crammed with upcoming events lately.

I flatten my hands against the material of my school skirt. The academy is hosting a summer school program this week and seeing that I don't have much to do, I decided to attend it. Besides drama and dance classes, I read that there would even be a special arrangement for a class about composing music. To be completely honest, I'm actually quite excited about it.

"Morning dad." I greet my father as I enter the kitchen.

"Oh, Mia, you're up." He says, a bit surprised.

I nod. "I decided to do the Summer classes, I'm sure it would be interesting." I shrug.

As I sit down for breakfast my dad gives me a weird look.

"What?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Are you okay dear?"

I take a sip of water. "Of course dad. What would make you think that I'm not?"

He frowns. "You've been. . . a little distant lately, like your mind is elsewhere. Are you having trouble? Is there something bothering you?" He hurriedly asks.

My poor dad. He has no idea what has been going on in my life lately. All the secrecy. I feel terrible for lying to him, but I know if I tell him the truth he would definitely disapprove. He might think that I am retaliating because of her. Because of my mother. Besides, I can't have him worrying about my personal problems right now, he already has a lot on his shoulders with the amount of workload he has at his company and all the bills he has to pay. I'll just be another stress bothering him when he does not need it.

I force a smile. "I'm okay dad." I place my hand on his arm. "I'm just. . . really excited for school to start."

He sighs. "Okay, but make some time for yourself, it is still summer break. You don't have to work so hard all the time."

__

As I make my way inside the academy's gates I notice that there are actually quite a few students attending the summer classes. I screw my lips in anticipation, the desperation for what we might learn about begins getting the best of me.

"Park Eun!"

A girl with long honey brown hair approaches me. She smiles delightfully, her brown locks bouncing off her shoulders.

"Kim Bok Joo." I greet her.

"You're here for the summer classes too hey?" Her hair looks really shiny from up close.

I nod. "I'm here to learn more about composing."

Her eyebrows raise. "Wow! That's great, because so am I." Her smile spreads.

"Really?" I'm quite surprised. I wouldn't have expected much people to choose the class.

"If you're not waiting for anyone we could go to the class now?"

"Oh, sure." I grip the strap of my bag. "I came alone anyway."

"Well let's go then." She gestures.

Like I expected, there is not much students present for the class. I guess not a lot of people would want to learn the art of composing music, they'd probably just prefer singing it.

The instructor is a nice woman. Before we begin on anything she speaks to us about sheet music and how we should understand it before composing it. Seeing as it is the first class, the instructor does not give us any tasks to complete, instead she just explains the basics as an introductory lesson.

Once the lesson is over, I pack my notebook into my backpack. Bok Joo turns to me, a pleasant expression plastered on her face.

"You know, I'm actually here because I want to become a producer." She says.

"That's cool." I nod.

"What about you?" She asks. "Why are you taking this class?"

"I like classical music." I simply say, although, I know it might not be much of a reason.

"So you want to become a full time musician?"

"Actually a music teacher." I correct her.

"Oh." She stands up from her seat. "How about we go get some snacks at the cafeteria, I'm sure it's open."

After getting strawberry milk and some rice cakes with sausage we decide to sit outside and eat our food. The summer sun is really something to enjoy while it is still around.

"Have you been to the beach this summer?" Bok Joo asks as she stretches out her legs.

"Yeah." I smile, remembering the moments my friends and I made on our weekend vacation. "I kind of miss it."

"Me too." She takes a bite from her rice cakes and sausage. "My family and I went to Busan for the holidays."

I smile. "I haven't been to Busan yet."

"Well if you get the chance to go, you should."

"Let me see that!" A girl grabs a cellphone from another girl's hands.

"Oh my goodness. This isn't photoshopped, is it?"

The other girl shakes her head. "It's real. My cousin who is a friend of the girl who took the photo says it's true."

"Daebak!" The girl holding the phone gasps. "I wonder who this girl is?"

"Aren't we all?" The other says.

"Well, now we know that Choi Soobin is no longer single." She moves the cellphone closer to her eyes. "She's definitely going to be receiving a lot of hate though." She clicks her tongue.

"I've heard about that story." Bok Joo says looking at the two girls.

My cheeks feel like they are on fire. How did anyone find out? Could it be me that the two girls are referring to as the girl in the photo?

"What story?" I dare to ask.

"About the photo some girl snapped of Choi Soobin and this girl. They looked really close in the photo, so everybody assumes that it is his girlfriend."

"H-how do they know it is Choi Soobin in the photo?"

Bok Joo shrugs. "The girl said she saw his face and everything."

"Do you have the photo?" The worry sits in my throat.

She shakes her head. "No, but I'm pretty sure it's all over social media by now."

I open my contacts and click on Soobin's number. My fingers shake slightly as I type a quick message to him, letting him know that we need to talk. Once I have sent the message I pocket my phone and turn to Bok Joo.

"I hope he's okay though, in most cases, situations like these never ends well." She sighs.