A Ballad For Strength

_______________________
Theme Song: Fromm - In Your Light
_______________________

After several days and countless hours of quite a lot of stress, sweat and tears, all put into practicing for this day, I surely hope that I am ready. I look at the auditorium, it is empty now, people will only be arriving later this evening. I sigh as I look down at my hands. I have to be ready, I have to.

"Mia," someone calls for me. As I turn around I see that it is one of the staff members who was assigned to help assist me for the event tonight.

"Oh, yes," I say as I walk towards her.

"Your dress is ready," she says.

•••
Soobin

He lays back against the soft plush of the couch. It feels good to rest after a long performance, Soobin sighs. He ruffles his hair, feeling grateful to not have to worry about it being perfect for the camera. Beomgyu walks into the lounge of their dorm. He is already wearing his pajama pants and hoodie.

"You look comfortable," Soobin says gesturing to Beomgyu's outfit.

Beomgyu shrugs. "I look good too." He smirks which causes Soobin to roll his eyes. He sits down next to Soobin on the couch as he checks his cellphone.

"Ah, a nice cold soda would be great right now," Soobin says with a gleeful smile.

"Hm," Beomgyu's brows rise in surprise. "Mia is performing at the Korea National University Of Arts tonight." He frowns. "I wish I knew beforehand, it would have been nice to go and watch her perform. She's really good with the piano, like a prodigy."

Soobin turns to his friend, an expression unreadable plastered on his face. "What?" He grabs his cellphone beside him and checks the time. "When is it starting?"

"Um, I'm not sure." Beomgyu checks his cellphone. "Oh, she performs at eight tonight."

Before Beomgyu can question Soobin's reasons for even caring to know about Mia's performance, he is up from the couch in a rush as he storms to his bedroom. Beomgyu sits, confused at his sudden hurry. In less than a minute he emerges, wearing a dark parka and his hair somewhat combed into a presentable look. He moves so fast, that all Beomgyu can do is stare at the state his friend seems to be in. Where is he going? Soobin removes his slippers as he slips into a pair of boots and laces them up in a quick motion. Lastly he pulls a baseball cap over his hair.

"W-where are you going?" Poor flabbergasted Beomgyu asks.

"To the performance." Soobin's words tumble out of his mouth, as only once he is out of the dorm does Beomgyu register their meaning.

•••
Mia

I look at my reflection in the mirror. The assistant did a good job with my makeup, it looks natural; pretty. My hair hangs loose behind my shoulders as I wear a dress the shade of angelic white. It is beautiful, another gift from Rose before she left Korea. I miss her already, I need her strength right now. My hands begin shaking in my lap, the nerves vibrate throughout my body. I inhale and exhale several breaths, trying my best to calm this sudden wave of anxiety.

"Mia." The assistant comes to my side. "You're up in five minutes."

I nod and watch as she retreats. I look at my reflection once more. You can do this Mia, the piano is a part of you. You control the music.