Fluttering Heart

___________________
Theme Song: Jo Eun-ae, Choi Sang Yeop - Baby Baby
———————————————

He looks at me, his brown eyes startled at my presence next to him in the small enclosed carriage.

"I waited for you." I break the awkward silence.

His expression softens and he sighs. "I'm sorry, there was an emergency I had to take care of." He pockets the face mask. "I would have called you but I didn't have your number."

"Oh." I nod, and here I thought he completely ditched me. "That's okay, at least you're here now," I smile.

He smiles as well but that soon fades as realisation for something unknown to me floods his face. "Aren't you already here with someone?" That last word sounds like a remark.

"Uh, no." Where would he get that idea? "I've been waiting for more than an hour alone at this amusement park for you." I roll my eyes. "Do you even know how embarrassing that is?" I mumble under my breath.

"Really?" He feels the need to question.

"Yes." I boldly state. "Why would I come here with anyone when you clearly invited me solely to meet you here?"

"I don't know, maybe you had a backup plan."

"A backup plan?" I give a strangled laugh. Is he serious right now? "The only backup plan I would have had is to go home, which I was planning on doing right after this ride."

"Oh." He is silent for a moment. "You really waited for me that long?"

"Yes." I look at him. "I was looking forward to today," I frown.

"Well the day's not over yet," he smiles. "There's so much we can still do."

I cannot help but smile as well, his sudden joy is contagious and I nod my head. "Okay, but first can we get something to eat?" I put a hand on my stomach. "All I've eaten for the entire afternoon was popcorn, and that certainly did not do justice to my growing hunger."

He laughs. "Of course, I'm actually quite hungry myself."

The cheesy aroma of the corndogs we purchase fills my nostrils, well actually Soobin purchased them, despite the fight I put up to pay for my own.

"I'm only letting you treat me this time because you were late." I point the corndog towards him. "Next time I'm paying."

"You really don't have to." He bites into his. "I like paying for you."

My cheeks redden slightly. "How can you be so straightforward."

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks, cheeks stuffed with food.

I shake my head. "It just. . . gets a person off guard sometimes, plus I like being independent so next time I'm paying okay." I threaten him with my corndog.

"Okay, okay," he grins. "What ride do you want to go on after this?"

"Hmm," I ponder. "Something that is not the adrenaline rush type, I don't want to be puking all my food out later," I cringe.

"Okay, how about a basic carnival game, do you like plush dolls?"

"Huh?"

The carnival gazebo Soobin brings me to is a prize winning game. There are water guns positioned in rows and are faced directly opposite targets. I spot the plush dolls Soobin mentioned, and see a Ryan from Kakao Friends plushie amongst others.

"This game doesn't look that hard," I say.

"That's what you think," Soobin smirks.

I shrug. "Then let's give it a go."