Oh Dear Wilted Flower

_____________
Theme Song: MINSEO - The First Love
_____________

I groggily wake to the smell of cheap perfume and tobacco. I wrinkle my nose at the odd combination. My head hurts to the point where merely opening my eyes feels like a struggle. Eventually, I pry them open, my vision is blurred and the only things visible are used cigarette buds. I blink several times forcing myself to gain consciousness.

"She's awake." Someone says.

The sound of a voice brings me back to reality, I was drugged. I scramble to get up but discover that my hands are bind behind my back. There are seven of them, all dressed in black wearing masks. The sight of it makes me cringe. They all wear masks of the seven BTS members' faces. I have been abducted by psychopaths. Surprisingly, my mouth has not been taped shut. Their failure to do this makes me wonder where exactly I am. The place looks like a huge abandoned factory. I want to scream but I know better than to do that. One of them approaches me, the person wears a Jungkook mask. The face is a charming cardboard cutout but the eyes are real and sinister. The person crouches to my level.

"Hello, Park Eun." It is a female.

I stare at her, my eyes filled with as much anger and hate as I can muster for a complete stranger. A stranger who found the need to kidnap me for some sick reason.

She clicks her tongue. "Come on now, I know you're not that shy." She harshly grips my face in her hands, turning it to check each angle. "What does he see in you." She spits.

I bite her hand, it is unsanitary, but the damn women is basically bruising my face with her iron grip.

"Aish!" She yowls, rubbing her hand. "Stupid bitch!" She slaps me hard. The pain does not come though, my body is too filled with adrenaline. I want to run, I want to escape this place.

"Kookie." The one with a Taehyung mask says, probably addressing the idiot who found the need to ask me stupid questions. What a creative villainess name.

"Shut up Tae." Kookie snaps. "I'm not finished with her yet." She pulls a sharp camping knife out of her back pocket. "Now you better behave, because I will be the one asking all the questions here." She waves the knife in my face. "What do you want from him?"

Him? Who the hell is this guy she keeps talking about. "Who?" My voice is harsh.

"Choi Soo-bin." She grits her teeth.

What? You have got to be kidding me right now. Not only am I facing seven complete psychopaths wearing BTS masks, who probably want to kill me for all I know, but I am also cruelly reminded of him. The boy who lied to me. Who pretended to be someone he is not. So I laugh, a strangled and bitter laugh.

They all look to one another, most probably confused at my response to Kookie's question.

"Do you think this is funny?" Kookie grasps me by my sweater. "You have no idea how worse it could get, this." She gesture to the current situation. "Is nothing compared to the hell we will show you."

"Go ahead," I spit. Then remembering what So Hyun told me about crazy fans, I question them. "What are you all supposed to be, crazy sasaengs?"

"Yah!" Another shouts, this one sports a Jimin mask.

Kookie raises her hand in silence. "Listen, girl." Her voice sounds threatening. "Since you seem to be so knowledgeable about who we are, I am quite sure you understand what we are capable of doing." Her eyes narrow and I just know she is smirking behind that mask. "Your father seems to have a decent job, as well as you with your position at a renowned arts academy. You wouldn't want that to all go away now do you?"

"You can't do anything."

"Oh really?" She laughs. "Actually, I'm capable of so much. With a click of a button I can ruin your father's reputation causing him to lose his job, and if daddy doesn't have a job how is dear little Eun going to afford tuition fees?"

How dare she threaten my family, over a stupid boy who is not even interested in me.

I ask her the question she looks so desperate to answer. "What do you want?"

She stands up and folds her arms across her chest. "What I want, is for you to leave Choi Soo-bin alone, a girl like you will just tarnish his career. He is meant to be idolised and not taken."

"Fine."

"Well that was easy," Namjoon mask says.

"How do we know you'll keep your word?" Kookie asks.

"Because." I look her in those crazy eyes of hers. "Choi Soo-bin is already dead to me."

•••

I wake this time to the terrible smell of rotting vegetables and sour milk. I feel my surroundings before I open my eyes, afraid of where I might be now, after those lunatics drugged me for the second time. It feels like bags, plastic bags. I open my eyes to find myself laying on stacks of garbage bags. I am in an alleyway behind some night restaurant, judging by the hint of fried chicken. My outfit is a complete mess, black and grey from tar dirt and torn from being dragged around. I look to my feet, great, I'm missing a shoe. I probably look like a homeless person. My legs ache when I attempt standing up. My bag lies against haphazardly thrown garbage bags. I pick it up and check the contents, thank goodness my cellphone is still here. When I try to switch it on, the icon for a drained battery shows up on the screen. Damn it! Feeling defeated I look around me, it is already night.

I pull together what little dignity I have left and attempt walking, it is a slow process but I push on. If I find out what those idiots did with my unconscious body, I swear, I'll make them pay. It aches everywhere but I bite away the pain. Once I exit the alleyway, I look at road signs for directions. Still not knowing where I am, I walk anyway, hoping that I could ask someone for directions.

My head hurts, my legs feel bruised, and the pain from that girl's slap finally registers. People passing by stare at me, at my horrific state. I want to cry, I want to bawl all the hurt and sorrow out so badly. But my pride overrules my weakness. "Stupid crazy fans, who the hell do they think they are to threaten me?" My hurt mingles with my growing anger. "Over a stupid boy." My chest sinks, the thought of his name makes my throat clogged with emotion. "I hate you." I croak. My shoe-less foot feels the hard tar of the street as I cross it.

"I hate you Choi Soo-bin!" The tears fall.

It is funny how they say in a moment your life flashes before your eyes. That you see your dreams, successes and future. But all that remains on my mind as it happens is his face, and the look on it when he saw me. Then it all occurs so fast. I barely have time to register the flashing headlights of the car as it approaches, too fast for me to move out of the way. And all at once everything is dark, a void of nothingness as time finally stops, and I no longer breathe.