Crazy Obsession

Abandoned Factory Somewhere In Seoul

"Who is she?"

"Park Eun, she's a foreigner." The girl says. "She moved here to Seoul from London more than a month ago, with her father Park Jae-Hyuk. He is an accountant at Rising Stars Entertainment. Park Eun lives alone in a small apartment with her father, there is no data relating to her mother."

"A foreigner?"

"Yes ma'am, it seems that her father is a born Korean citizen, so it must mean that her mother is the foreigner." The girl behind the computer screen says, her eyes vigorously moving as she scrolls through files on the screen.

"When do you plan on taking action ma'am?" Another girl asks.

"It's too soon Tae, we need to get more intel on her." The leader smirks. "More dirt to ruin her."

"She doesn't seem to be dating Choi Soobin." The girl behind the computer screen says. She is looking at photographs captured of a girl and boy at Everland amusement park. "They just seem close."

"Too close!" The leader screams. "We cannot have anyone getting close to them, after all the trouble we went through for BTS, I will not have some random bitch mess it up for me this time." She glares at the photo of Park Eun on the big screen. "She will not have my Soobin."

•••

"You're glowing." So Hyun says when I enter the classroom.

"It's probably that bb cream you recommended." I joke.

"Well of course that does wonders," she smiles. "But this is a different glow, are you in love?"

"What?" My cheeks flush. "N-no, where would you even get that idea?"

She shrugs. "Wild guess?" She moves closer to whisper. "Is it true?"

"No," I clear my throat. "I'm not in love."

She frowns. "Aw, for a moment I thought we could talk about something interesting." She wiggles her eyebrows.

I laugh. "Where's Mi Rae?" I ask as I notice Mi Rae's absence at the desk next to So Hyun's.

"She'll be in late." So Hyun sits down in her seat. "She's attending an interview with YG Entertainment."

"Wow," I gush. "So she might sign under that agency soon?"

So Hyun nods. "I'm so proud of her, she's worked really hard." She looks pleased.

I have not known Mi Rae very long, but from the short amount of time I've spent in her company I have come to discover her passion for dancing. She truly looks happy whenever she dances, it is not just a hobby to her. If she is able to become a dancer for YG Entertainment, it would be like a dream come true, as she always says she would love to make dancing become her career. The teacher enters the classroom and I quickly move to my seat.

After class So Hyun calls after me before I leave for my next class.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"I wanted to tell you earlier but the teacher entered the classroom, my uncle was able to get me three tickets for a fan signing." She beams.

"A fan signing?" I ask. "Of who?"

"A group that recently debuted." She smiles showing me the tickets. "I want to know if you would like to go with me?"

"Uh. . ."

"The other one is obviously for Mi Rae," she says. "It will be so much fun, trust me, plus it would really be a benefit for me to get to know more idols in the industry, for when I myself might debut one day."

The look in her eyes makes me soften. Becoming an idol seems like something really important to So Hyun, it is something she practices for everyday. "Sure, why not?" I smile. "I've never been to a fan signing before though."

"That's okay. I'll tell you what to wear and where to get me. There's not really an ethics code as to how you should act at a fan signing, but there are a few rules regarding interaction with the idols."

I nod.

"But don't worry, just be yourself. I'll introduce you to the group when we get there." She assures me.

I nod again. "What group is it?"

She gives me the ticket. "TXT."

Later during the day I cannot stop wondering how Jeff is doing. It was just yesterday that the two of us were getting along like we always do. But something just felt off, like something was bothering him. Especially whenever I mentioned his father, he would tense up, like he did not want to discuss the matter. I should phone him, I look at my cellphone, but he might be busy. Jeff said that he was here to check out the universities as he is thinking of enrolling soon. I pocket my cellphone and walk towards the entrance gate of the academy.

"Park Eun?"

I turn to the person who calls my name. It is the popular boy from the practical class, Beomgyu.

"Hello." I greet him as he approaches me.

"Still up for those piano lessons?" he asks.

"Huh?"

"You promised me piano lessons," he chuckles.

"O-oh." I finally realise what he is talking about. "The piano lessons, yes, whenever you're ready, we can do them now if you want?"

He waves a hand. "That's okay," he smiles. "How about Wednesday after classes?"

"Uh, sure, sure." I nod. "Um, may I ask you something?"

He nods. "Of course."

"Why though?" I ask. "I mean, why do you want me to teach you how to play the piano?"

He puts his hands into his blazer pockets. "Don't get me wrong, I know how to play the piano, however obviously not as great as you." He shrugs. "Well, I guess it was just a spark of interest."

"Oh." It is something he wants to practice as a hobby, I think to myself. "Well I'm happy to help anyway."

He smiles, revealing teeth. It is a pleasant sight. "I'll see you on Wednesday then, Eun."

I smile. "You can call me Mia."

"Sure." He says. "Mia."