𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12

"Let her go you fucking pervert!" The familiar sound of Fayne's voice comes from a distance. Am I hallucinating or has Fayne come to get me?

Instead of an answer I get a knife brushing against my neck.

"Move again without your hands up and what I need in front of you on the floor and I'll slit her throat," My captor sneers.

"That won't be necessary...it's right here," Fayne continues, this time closer.

Oh it is her, I'm not dreaming. I haven't been so happy to hear someone's voice in...well forever. I thought I was going to die and yet here she is, she has come to get me after all. My nightmare is going to end. Well the nightmare she has caused in the first place but I'm not going to be mad about that now when she's my only means of escape.

My captor pushes me forward and I hear a rustling as he grips the back of my shirt tightly to make sure I don't leave early.

"This it?" He asks.

"Yes, that's it. Now hand her over," Fayne says with a strained voice.

"Whatever, have the bitch," He says and pushes me forward but this time letting go of my shirt, causing me to stumble and fall blindly onto the ground. But before I can react to my situation I feel a pair of hands reach for me and then pick me up.

"Are you hurt?" A frantic Fayne asks me.

I try to answer but unfortunately my throat does not comply so I simply stay silent while she removes my gag and blindfold. Opening my eyes after being in the dark for days is a shock to my system. Everything is too bright for me to be able to see anything so I end up just closing my eyes again while Fayne picks me up bridal style and carries me somewhere. I don't even care where she takes me, the last few days have been horrific and exhausting, the only thing keeping me going was adrenaline but now that is gone.

"It's going to be okay," She whispers," I'm going to get you back to your family safely and I won't bother you ever again."

What? No, she can't be serious. Despite everything I don't want her to leave. Why do I do this to myself? Somehow I feel like I need her, her mean demeanor and her harsh words, all of it. I need her. But my body is too tired for me to be able to move let alone protest so I have no choice but to comply with whatever happens.

Fayne puts me into the backseat of a black car and she slides in next to me so I am able to lay my head in her lap. I feel myself drift off as the journey commences and perhaps I am already dreaming but I feel Fayne's hand caress my face gently. Her touch sends tingles through my whole being but maybe it's just a figment of my imagination. After all, why would Fayne Blackwood be so gentle and kind to me?

~

Fayne's POV

I thought I was never going to get her back. After days of sleepless nights, constantly searching and coming up with various plans with the help of my closest members. None of it paid off because in the end we had to hand it over. My father was so pissed when he found out but it was too late because Caleb, Darren and I were already in the car on the way to the meeting place Jasper designated.

I had no other choice, I couldn't just let Brooke stay in the hands of Jasper. The very same Jasper who abused Lily and their two children, the man who got one of his children killed.

Jasper is a sick bastard and there was no other solution but to hand over Lily's file.

It's not something I'm proud, fuck it's such a shitty thing to do. Lily was always so kind to us, too kind. She would cook us warm meals and bake cookies. She was basically the gang's cook. So when the injuries Jasper caused became too apparent he was banished and Lily changed her name and escaped with her two remaining kids to California. She left behind her new phone number and ways that we could reach her as we provided financial help when it was really needed. We put this in a file but god knows how Jasper found out about it. I didn't want it to come to this...but Brooke is more important to me and if it means putting someone else on the line then I'll do it.

Seeing her gagged and blindfolded when Jasper brought her out made me feel sick. She looked so frail and starved, she could barely hold herself up. And that sick person was holding her by her shirt like a prize to be won. I handed over Lily's file as soon as I could, before I could think about what I was doing.

As soon as he let her go she fell to the ground and it became apparent just how abused she had been for the last 8 days. I whispered words of comfort to her but I'm not even sure she registered them.

This is why I have to leave.

This life isn't for most people and Brooke definitely doesn't fit in. It's not like I have known her long but I seem to have formed an attachment to this sweet angel. Which is why I can't put her in any more danger than I already have. How does the saying go? If you love someone let them go.

She rests her head on my lap during the drive to her place and when I know she isn't awake to feel it, I gently caress her soft perfect face.

Her parents called the police just two hours after she disappeared but everyone knows that they don't do shit, at least not around here. I didn't know she was gone until about midday the next day when I was out in town and saw a missing poster. I found her annoying friend Callie and made her tell me everything, which was not much. She stormed out that night at the nightingale and never made it home. It was when I was scoping the area around the nightingale that I received a text from my father.

Something had happened, he never texts unless it's an emergency. And when I got home he showed me the text Jasper had sent him with instructions on what we had to do to get Brooke back.

"No one does anything, we are leaving this up to the police. Jasper is getting Lily's file over my dead body," He had said.

Sorry father but I'm going to be the leader in a few months and I couldn't let an innocent girl suffer because of us.

Pulling into Brooke's driveway, her parents had already rushed out of the house as if they had been expecting us. I carried Brooke to them and told them that she had been kidnapped by someone and we happened to come across the warehouse she was being held in. I half expected them to call the police on us but they just accepted that their daughter is back and safe.

"At least your father doesn't have to bail you out of jail this time," Darren said as he started the engine.

"Thanks...for going against my father's orders and helping me," I said.

"Well of course we're going to help you, you're our future leader after all," Caleb chimed in.

Yeah...it's more of a curse though isn't it? I used to be so proud of my lineage and that I was going to one day rule the Blackwood gang, one of the best gangs there is. But now it's bittersweet. What good is being a leader when you can't have who you want by your side?

But this isn't about me.

I'm letting you go Brooke. Your life will be so much better without me. 

~

Woooo another chapter. What did you guys think about Fayne's POV? Is she really going to stay away from Brooke?