"What would that be?" Damon asked, straightening himself out. "There's a cure, right?"

I am turning into a monster...I'm turning into a bloodsucking monster, just like them. What the hell is a doppelgänger? How am I connected to Elena the doppelgänger? Other than being sisters. Right? I noticed movement, and saw Elijah walk the short distance to me.

"Gemma, I'm doing this because I care for you, it's the only way."

Damon's POV

"Gemma, I'm doing this because I care for you, it's the only way."

Was he going to kiss her? I saw Gemma look into his eyes, and I gasped in horror, and shock, as Elijah snapped her neck.

"No!"

Jeremy ran to his sister, and instantly took her into his arms. I finally sprung into action, and pushed Elijah away from them. I tried to pry Jeremy off his sister, but he was just a crying mess and would not let go.

"Jeremy, you have to lay her down," I heard Stefan say.

Anger flashed through my eyes, and I turned around to face Stefan. I didn't say anything, before I snapped his neck and he fell limp. That should keep him out of my way for now.

"Do as my brother said," I told Jeremy, slapping him on the arm.

He looked up at me, and shook his head. "My sister is dead Damon! She's dead!"

"You have to understand, this was for her own good," I heard Elijah say.

"You killed my sister!"

"She-"

"Gemma?" I heard a soft, familiar, broken voice ask.

Elena.

I quickly turned to the door, and walked over to Elena.

"Elena, don't."

"Gemma? What's wro-wrong with her?" she asked, more Jeremy.

"She's dead. Gemma is dead!"

Elena fell to her knees, and just stayed there in shock.

"Gemma would have turned ravage. This was the only option."

"You shut up! You just killed the girl who held so many feelings for you. You're lucky you're an original."

I don't even think Elena heard when Elijah practically admitted to killing her. She'd react sooner or later.

"Is she dead?"

I turned back to Elena. Technically Gemma would wake up, but she would wake up as something she never wanted to be. I know that. It'll be the hardest part when she wakes up, other than getting her to feed. I want her to feed, need her too. But there's one thing bothering me. She and Stefan were sort of bonding before I came in, would she be sired?

"Elena, Gemma is coming back. Just not how she was."

"What?" she whispered lowly.

I sighed, and took her arm to get her bak up on her feet. The whole reason Elena had Gemma stay in for an extra year at camp was because of this. They wanted her to avoid this, now she's dead. Seriously dead.

"Stefan fed her his blood before. She's going to turn."

Elena shook her head furiously. "No! No! She didn't want this, she wasn't ready! She would never be ready. She never had to turn." She placed her hand over her mouth and stared at Elijah. She finally reacted to his presence. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the one who gave Gemma the hexed necklace, and I had to be the one to stop and solve this."

"You killed her? You killed Gemma?"

Gemma's POV

I could heard lots of talking, it was hurting my head and so was the light that I was coming to. I couldn't distinguish the voices yet, no matter how much I tried to, but after a while, I could finally distinguish Jeremy's frantic voice. It sounded like he was whispering, yet I couldn't understand what it was.

Another muffled voice spoke, but I could clearly distinguish it was a girls voice. Elena. It had to be her. It definitely was her. When the voices finally cleared up, I tried to open my eyes, but every time I did, the bright light made me shut them back closed.

I groaned, and all the talking stopped. "Close the blinds!"

Finally the light subsided, a bit, and I could open my eyes, little by little.

My vision was a little blurry, but then they became sharp, and I could see everyone in the room.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked groggily as I sat up.

"Gemma..."

___________

:0! What?! Sorry, I was giving away too much. Cx.

I know, everyone hates cliffhangers, but it just creates more suspense for the next chapter.

So, sorry-very-sorry.

Happy late Halloween, my not so favorite 'holiday'.