19. L I F E A S W E K N O W I T

IVY'S  P

IVY'S  P.O.V

The first two weeks have been completely stressful. I wasn't able to concentrate on my studies. I could see my grades getting lower and I was no longer the first one to raise my hand when teachers would ask the most general of questions. I found myself getting detached from the subjects that interested me.

My mind was still hung up on how my world became empty after Chace left me. It might sound stupid to put it this way, he meant a lot to me. We weren't dating. We weren't in a relationship. But we always enjoyed being around each other so much, when I read his letter, I was the hopeless one. I thought there was no one who could fill up the void that troubled me in ways that made me remember the fun memories we shared.

I'm in my room, standing in front of the mirror and tying my hair into a neat loose pony-tail.
I apply some light make up to hide the dark circles, that are slowly disappearing. I have to make a good impression if I want to ace this interview. Today is my meeting with Verve, a multimedia design company, which recently opened up. It is also planning to spread out globally, my stomach is doing a series of flip flops. I have been waiting for this for such a long time, I don't know how to thank Evelyn.

I'm wearing navy blue denims with a V Neckline Self Tie waist blouse, which is a rich shade of green. Jaden was kind enough to let me borrow it since my wardrobe is nowhere near formal, I have to shop for clothes this coming weekend. I have five more minutes remaining till the Uber comes, I use the extra time I have to prepare for tomorrow's test.

I slap my book shut when Chace pops into my head. I can imagine him standing next to me, his toned arms flexing, reaching out for the book in my hands as his bright blue eyes shine deviously. "You have no idea how much I want to rip those clothes of you and make love to you on this table, right here, right now," He says huskily, pushing my hair behind my shoulder, his hand finding their way to my neck and the other resting on my hips. "You really think it's easy to forget me?"

Stop.

"Stop!"

I gasp, quickly grabbing my file which contains all the important documents I need for the interview, shutting the door in a hurry and run where the cab is waiting. After telling the driver my location, I rest my head against the window, watching all the buildings nearby look stationary, I haven't fully recovered.

Chace Lambert is a guy unlike any other, only he has the capacity to drive me this wild and make me want a lot more than what I originally bargained for. I try to divert my attention by scrolling through Amazon, seeing what new outfits I will need Incase I get the job.

We stop outside an enormous, posh, glass like building with an A rotating at the top, the way it has been constructed takes my breath away. It is those kind of buildings you will see in magazines, I hand over the money and step outside. Pushing the door, I walk towards the desk where a lady with red hair and red lipstick greets me with a half hearted smile.