Chapter 11 DEE LI CIOUS

Rather than a hurricane, Emmaline arrived like a tornado, compact and powerful. She barreled through the gate to the pool, yelling "I'm here, hot mamacitas! Let's get this party started!"

A sudden silence descended as everyone stopped to look at the petite brunette.

"Hell's bells, AK! You didn't tell me you had company!"

The guys were angels though, and rushed over to help with her bags and introduce themselves.  Emmi declared them all to be instant friends.

"Well, I reckon y'all will be talkin' bout this crazy Cajun for..ev..ah!!" Emmi laughed.

She was friendly and open, and never took herself too seriously. She changed conversation topics faster than anybody could keep up with. Her dark brown eyes twinkled when she laughed, which was basically all the time.

It was mid-afternoon when Hobi went hunting for Rachel.
"Hey...umm Rachel noona?"  he began.

Rachel looked up at him and smiled. "What do you need, sweet pea?"

"I've got a ...a headache. Do you have something,  any medicine?"

AK piped up, "Come here and let me try something first. Sit on the floor in front of me." She sank down in the club chair and put her legs on either side of him. She wiggled her fingers. "Get ready for the patented AK head rub."

Rachel hummed, "They are the best!"

Hobi, being Hobi, could not stay quiet.

"Aahhh"
"Mmmmm"
"Ooohhhh""
"Quit university and be my personal head massager. I will pay you whatever you want. Name your price. "

"Will you pay me in hamburgers and fries?" laughed Anna Kathryn.

"Yes! And Sprite!"

They laughed at the joke, having discovered earlier that they both adore Sprite with a singular devotion.

The afternoon wore on as everyone alternated between high energy pool games and peaceful lounging. The long sofa in the pool house and the two sofa swings were prized perches.

McKenna was leaning into the crook of the sofa arm with her legs taking up the length of the sofa. Taehyung had been pretty much avoiding her for about an hour. He'd been roughhousing in the pool with the other guys, mostly Jungkook. McKenna didn't know if it was because he was trying to avoid suspicion or if, with the other guys looking, he was embarrassed by her.

As every minute passed, it was harder to fight the crushing feeling that he didn't want to be around her.
She'd never acted this way with anyone. She was usually a good judge of people's true motives. What if she got played by an international playboy? Better a professional than a local ya-hoo fucktard from school, she guessed.

Suddenly Tae picked up her feet and slid into the seat, putting her feet in his lap. He was still dripping water from his hair, honey skin and broad shoulders on full display. Jimin, holding a beer, sat in the chair angled towards Tae. They were speaking in a mix of Korean and English, occasionally singing short riffs, sometimes singing the notes together in harmony. Tae absentmindedly traced patterns on McKenna's calves and ankles and feet while he sang.

Maybe he liked her a little after all. Always preferring to push the issue rather than wait, she wiggled her feet in his lap.
"Pop my toes," she demanded.

Tae gasped, "What? No!"

"But it feels good."

He looked skeptical, but grunted. He took the end of each toe and pulled gently. McKenna moaned in satisfaction. He pinned her with a dark look, lips parted, and said in his "are you calling me a sinner" voice, "I'm going to make you do that again."