Chapter 6 FUCKIN' DERRICK

Anna Kathryn walked in to the chaos of the guys fixing their lunch plates. She looked like a pack mule, loaded down with a backpack, suitcase, tote bags, and more. JHope spotted her first and ran to help, taking the bags from her.

"We have company," Rachel sang out. "Go put your things away, and we'll do introductions when everybody is sitting down at the table."

"Tell me where you want these. I'm Hoseok."

"I'm Anna Kathryn, but my friends call me AK. Follow me! And thank you SO much for carrying my bags."

She made her way up the stairs and to her room, chatting the entire time. She had her tennis racquet among her things.

"I love tennis!" said JHope excitedly.

AK smiled,"Same!"

JHope asked, " Can we hit today? Do you have a racquet I can borrow?"

"Sure! That'd be fun! We can do it after lunch. I can't wait to hear how y'all know Aunt Rachel. "

Hoseok was thinking how beautiful AK was, with her long auburn hair and warm brown eyes and sunny personality. She was being so sweet to him, and for right now, he was just a guy, not a famous idol. He hoped nothing changed once the story came out.

At lunch, Rachel started with the no-social media-posting rule. AK had no idea yet the guys were famous and she was irritated!
"Not even on my insta story? Or Snapchat story?! Why not?!"

Once the situation was explained, she was cool with it. She had heard some of BTS' songs on the radio. Since AK was a people person, learning everyone's name was easy. Hoseok was relieved that she seemed unfazed by their celebrity status.

"Hoseok and I are playing tennis. Does anybody else want to go?"

Jin called out, "I want to go."

"Great,Jungkook! Anybody else?"

"He is Jungkookie!" exploded Jin in mock outrage and pointing at Kookie. "I am WORLDWIDE HANDSOME JIN. How can you confuse me with our baby?!"

AK was laughing. "Sorry! Sorry! You look almost like twins!!" she teased.
That got Jin even more fired up, and he started going off in Korean. Everybody was laughing, including Jin.

Before they left for tennis, RM asked Jin, " What are you doing? You're pretty bad at tennis."
Jin windshield wiper laughed," Yeah but Hobi thinks she's cute. I'm just going to troll him."
RM giggled. "Sweeeet! I think I'll go watch this."

"I can't believe you have your own tennis court, " Hoseok said.

AK laughed. "Well, we are in the middle of nowhere. It's 20 miles to the nearest court. All 3 of us kids were playing, plus Mom. And Dad had always wanted a basketball court. This doubles as both."

The court was hidden by a row of tall shrubs that shielded it from the pool and the house. Even though they hit more bad shots than good, the foursome had a grand time.

Jin was very flirty, and Hoseok was notably irritated, but he tried to keep a smile on his face. Anna Kathryn was impressed with how Hoseok moved. He was so fast. RM spent a good bit of time on the phone, looking like he was making million dollar business deals. Then he was all giggles and dimples on the court.

AK was tall for a girl, so it was refreshing to have not one, but THREE tall, gorgeous men to enjoy. But it was Hoseok, or "Hobi" as they called him, that melted her heart. He was constantly speaking her love language: acts of kindness! He was always the one to run get the stray tennis balls. When he would hand them to her, his hand would brush hers. The tingle would make AK fan herself. What?! It was hot outside.

After a half hour, they were soaking wet with sweat.
"Time to go!" Anna Kathryn announced.

When she grabbed her phone, she saw 6 missed calls from her roommate and BFF. And no texts! Something must be wrong.

"Emmi, hey what's up?" asked AK.

"Emmi... Emmaline, slow down! I can't understand you. Take a deep breath and tell me what's going on. "

The boys were glued to the one-sided conversation. AK continued.

"Josh is cheatin' on you?! You walked in on him?!"

"Wait - why are you mad at Derrick?"

"Josh ... was ... FUCKING Derrick?!?! Oh my Lordt!!!"

"ON the kitchen table?!?!"

AK was looking from RM to Jin to Hoseok, making a silent scream face. They were all ears to hear the next bit of info.

"Of course you can't go to Nashville with that cheater. You know you're always welcome here. You KNOW that, sweetie. Ok, I'll see you in a little bit. Stop cryin'. I'll have a strawberry daiquiri waitin' on you."

"Well," AK exhaled and said, " Looks like we're adding one more to the house party. "