The Moon would chuckle tonight knowing I was in distress. She seemed to make her presence known more and more lately. It's been difficult finding somewhere, where her eyes aren't able to find me.

The shame I felt whenever the moon peeked through a curtain had me walking toward the door, the closet, I needed to get there.

The closet.

After the first night, Pierce had left in the morning to get food. I had stood by the door waiting for him to come home when the voices started. It wasn't just the moons glaring gaze that seemed to find me no matter where I went but now it was the voices.

His voice.

And now hers as well.

I could hear his voice calling out to me, beckoning me into his arms. I could feel his breath tickling the back of my neck, could smell his filthy scent cling to the walls of the house. Beta followed me.

I could hear her condemning words. Her scrutinizing eyes, so much like the Moon Goddess who despises me, but with more malice and a direct approach. I wasn't sure why her voice clung to me but it's shrill noise sent goosebumps down my spine.

He was everywhere, she followed, and when their voices finally stopped I had found myself inside the hall closet, buried under coats and miscellaneous items. That day, I didn't move, not even when Pierce returned because the closet had made it all stop. The voices no longer called out to me, the scents couldn't reach my nose, and the eyes that were always following me seemed to lose sight the moment I had hidden.

Pierce had been so confused when he found me, but I ignored his questions. I didn't want him to know.

When Kain had come later that evening, forcing me out, the voices had returned, this time though I couldn't hide, so I just sat there with Kain next to me in his wolf form. He was tense himself but didn't pry and left promptly. When he left I had found myself back in the closet where I stayed until Pierce had me go to bed.

Every chance I got now, I went into that closet. After the second day, Pierce had cleared it out and now, I've become obsessive. I know I have, yet I'm content with it.

I felt the bite from my wolf as I continued to stare at the window, but turned on my heel and rushed toward the door. The ringing, the voices, I needed to get away.

I know I shouldn't run. I was still healing and Pierce would scold me later but I had to run.

I was always running.

I probably should follow the rules.

"Toby," I jumped at the sound of Ben's voice, the noise forcing a squeak out of me.

Whirling around at his voice, Ben stood there, leaned up against the outside of the bedroom wall. His arms were crossed and besides the shorts he wore, he was bare to my eyes. Pierce had left early this morning. I knew he wouldn't be home anytime soon. Usually, he planned it so that Kain would come while he was out. They had made arrangements the first day Kain had come. It was Bens idea so that the tension wouldn't cause unneeded stress.

Everyone seemed to walk on eggshells around me, I wasn't sure how that made me feel. I wasn't used to being considered, to them thinking of me first.

My face lifted slightly so that my nose could get a good smell of the scents around me. Ben was here, alone.

"Kain?" A small but sad smile formed on his lips.

"Not today, he's..." I watched as Ben paused for a moment, I could see he was struggling to find a reason for his Alphas absence. "He'll be here tomorrow."