THREE

Am I sure? Was he making a mistake? I could be delusional? I definitely wasn't being held against Alpha K in protective embrace right now.

He held me as he rubbed my head roughly but I had a gut feeling that this was his attempt of being gentle and comforting.

He didn't let go until my tears and panting had stopped. "Nalu." My eyes connected with his once again, he knew my name. I gave a stiff nod in response.

"You leave tomorrow." His thick northern accent truly seeped out with each of his words. I had always wanted to speak their native tongue.

"Where?" The moonlight highlighted each of his marvellous features. He couldn't be mine. I paled in comparison.

"To the North." I know it's a shewolf's responsibility to migrate to wherever her mate is from but I hadn't mentally prepared myself for this to happen to me. You know, the whole black eyes, bastard and mateless ordeal.

"What about my home, and my family?" I questioned, my heart was pounding. I wasn't cut for the North, they didn't like people like me up there.

"You get new home. I'm your family now." His voice was heavy with authority, he was oozing power and dominance in attempt to overpower me.

Jokes on him, it was working. Like a dog with their tail tucked, I shut my mouth. I could no longer hold his gaze.

"I understand."

"Pack lightly. I'll get new things for you in North." I nodded again before wiping away the rest of my tears. It felt weird listening to him like I was a child. Did I not get a say in anything?

"Keep our bond a secret." I felt like I had just punched in the chest.

"I don't understand, I don't want to hide this. This is what is meant to happen. We are supposed to be one!" You could say I was a acting a bit dramatic, but I've never heard of mates who kept it a secret. You should want to show off the other person.

Not that I wanted to show him off or anything, I believe more people would feel bad for me then congratulate me. He wouldn't be kind or caring like a mate should be. He didn't care about anything but becoming a supreme leader.

Everyone knew this. So why was I surprised? There would be no room for me in his heart anyways. It's not like he even has one. He didn't listen to reason. So why would I try to reason with him?

If I was going to survive this I would have to be smarter. He's feral, he listens to his instincts. Could I sway him in the future? Maybe.

I wasn't prepared for a terrifying growl to sound behind me, instinctively I screeched before colliding into the Feral.

My head whipped around to face the intruder. There stood a man who I could instantly tell was a Northerer, he was even more menacing and rugged then the one I seen yesterday at the pack house. Handsome as well but not nearly as much as Alpha K. No one was better looking than him.

He had dark brown hair and eyes. I could tell by the way that he stood that he often was active. Northern men were built out of pure muscle.

The Feral pushes me away from his side before approaching the Northerner. They began to talk in their native tongue leaving me clueless to what was going on. Could this be his Beta? I could tell by his aura.