Serena nodded in agreement before looking over at me, "What would you like to know?"

I thought to myself for a minute, what would I like to know? I knew the basics to the role of a General but where I had only been with Brooklyn, who is General by herself, I guess it would be interesting to find out the difference in dynamics when there's two Generals,

"How do you delegate the tasks between you when there's two of you?"

"Priority and safety" Serena replied, prompting a look of confusion from me before she continued, "We first deem what is and isn't a top priority. Once we determine that, we then grade them from most to least dangerous. Whatever is the most dangerous, is handled by Johan and the rest is handled by me. If in the case it's something that has to be handled by the both of us, it is put to the side until later, unless it is of the utmost priority."

My ears twitched slightly at the sound of footsteps passing outside the door behind us. While the people weren't exactly close, my ears were very in tune to sounds, even the faintest ones,

"I spoke to Commander Lewin on Monday and he told me that there hasn't been a new training regime for the past twenty years. Why is that?"

I could see in the corner of my eye, Brooklyn raise an eyebrow at that question, but I also knew that she thought it was a good question to ask by the way she did it,

"There's no need for it." Johan replied. I furrowed my eyebrows at that response,

"No need? It's twenty-nineteen General, times have changed. While I know that your military is one of the best, don't you think it could be better? I mean, you're still using weapons that were made by Reylar Enterprise almost five years ago. There have been at least seven new models since then. Have you considered that?"

They both nodded, "We have, but we know what we're used to, and we know what we're working with. We'll change it when we see the benefit of changing it. As you said, our military is one of the best and we intend to keep it like that."

I looked at Brooklyn who gave me a small nod. She knew I wanted to continue and that was her telling me that I was okay to do so,

"I should've rephrased my sentence General. What I meant to say was, your military is one of the best for now. While I don't know what every kingdom is doing yet, I'm sure they're well on their way to updating their regimes, including their weapons. While you are correct in saying that your military is one of the best, it is only one of the best for now, until everyone else surpasses you, which might be a lot sooner than you think."

In the corner of my eye, I saw a small smile come across Brooklyn's face. While she was smiling now, I knew I was going to get grilled for it later. Hopefully that tiny smile meant it wouldn't be too much of a grilling though.

Jonah and Serena looked at each other briefly before turning their attention back to me,

"Luckily for you, you're a Princess." Johan stated.

Brooklyn leant forward in her chair and placed her palms on the table, "Is that a threat?"

"Merely a fact. If anyone else had spoken to us the way she just did, this conversation would be going very differently."

"I'm sure. Just as you were stating a fact, she was merely stating her opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. She is entitled to that. There was nothing wrong with her tone but there was a lot wrong with yours. I'd watch it next time."

Johan stared down Brooklyn, who was not backing down. I felt my ears twitch again, but it was a lot more than the last time, letting me know that someone was literally outside the door,