seventeen ㅣ you still love me

s e v e n t e e n

"wait, guys," hoseok started. "who's paying?"

"i call first dibs on not paying." jimin raises his hand.

"second!" taehyung grinned, taking another bite from his jajjang.

"don't think i'm paying, you imbeciles," yoongi spoke up before anyone could make him pay.

"i don't have no money with me," jeongguk snorted in both triumph and dismay. "broke."

namjoon and jin looked at each other.

"i—"

"you better pay, you broke one of my mario figures before we got here," jin smiled and took the last bite of his food, ignoring the pleading eyes of his lover.

"ah, i have to go." jeongguk glanced at his watch. "errands." he stood up and pecked jimin's temple, bidding goodbye to the others and leaving the restaurant.

"still not over the fact that you two are together," jin spared jimin a glance and waved over a waiter for the bill.

"true. how'd it happen?" hoseok questioned, pulling out his phone. "on second thought, tell me the story another time. niece is calling." he stood up and gave his iconic sunshine smile. before he could walk away, taehyung latched onto his wrist.

"can i come?" he pouted.

"oh, why?" taehyung only hummed in response with his eyebrows furrowed. "oh. oh. right, of course you can come." they both left, taehyung not sparing the table another glance.

"what was that about?" the eldest raised an eyebrow, eyes glinting with satisfaction as he watched namjoon pay with a grimace.

"no idea," namjoon shrugged, wincing as he watches his money being taken away.

the group of four stepped out of the restaurant, filling the silent streets with their loud chattering.

"no more money," namjoon whined and grabbed seokjin's arm and dragged him away. "come and watch me beg a machine for money all because of you."

"are you saying that i'm in fault, kim namjoon?"

"of course not, darling."

"it sounds like it!"

"hyung–" jimin called out.

"have fun, jimin!" namjoon grinned.

"namjoon!" seokjin slapped the other's arm. "he's with jeongguk!"

"oh, right."

jimin pursed his lips as the two ran away (the other being  dragged), their bickering fading out in the background. he glanced at the person next to him who's been silent for the whole thing. he traced random patterns on his arm and licked his lips, staring at the ground.

yoongi fought with himself in his mind as the seconds passed by. yoongi wasn't someone who tended to assume things, but it seemed as if jimin didn't really love jeongguk back in the restaurant. call him boastful but he sees the difference in jimin's eyes when he looks at him and jeongguk.

he decided to take a risk.

"you still love me."

and it wasn't a question.

s e v e n t e e n
c o m p l e t e d

l o a d i n g 
e i g h t e e n . . .

12.31.19