* * * * * * * * * * 

* * * * * * * * * *

Alyson looked good but most importantly, she felt good. She had been counting the days until her dinner with Evan and to her surprise, she wasn't as nervous as she thought she would be. She had no clue what she was going to say to him, all that she knew was if there wasn't going to be any change, she didn't want to be with anymore.

Over the past few days, she made a pact to herself that no matter what he said, the goal was her well-being. If she wasn't convinced he had changed, then that was it.

The other part that she took into consideration is, he could be asking her to this dinner to serve her divorce papers. As much as it would hurt, she thought about what her sister said about not being alone and that eased the pain a lot more.

If Evan didn't want to be married to anymore, the only thing she could do was respect. Also, it would be the first time he's been really honest with her over the past few years which is really sad when you think about it.

Sitting at her vanity, Alyson was putting on her lipstick when her doorbell rang.

She checked the time on her cellphone with a frown. 

Evan was an hour early, she thought.

Going downstairs, when she opened her door, she was surprised to see it wasn't Evan - it was Joseph.

"Hi!" she beamed at the sight of him.

All while he was caught off guard by how good she looked.

"What are you doing here?" she hugged him.

"I was in the neighborhood and I thought -"

She gasped, noticing a huge shiny black pick-up truck, "did you get a new car?"

Pulling out of the hug, a barefoot Alyson stepped outside walking over to her. Trying to keep his composure Joseph slowly turned around, watching her walk.

"Joseph?" Alyson looked back to notice he was staring.

"What?" she smiled shyly.

"Nothing," he walked over, shrugging, "I just uh, you look, where are you, who is he -"

Poor Joseph was stumbling over his words, trying to ask her why she was so dressed up without being in her business. While he was curious, she technically didn't owe him an answer.

"Thank you for the compliment," Alyson laughed at his stuttering. "I am actually going to dinner with . . . Evan."

"Evan?" Joseph's eyebrows raised in surprise. "I didn't know you guys were on speaking terms."