"It's more than from time to time. Maggie is suddenly always around, she's always bringing gifts, asking about Kelly and the baby. It's weird, Mia. Kelly has never mentioned having a relationship with Maggie. Not even Evan has said anything. It's just a little fishy to me and," he runs his fingers through his hair, "I can't sleep at night. I have a feeling that something's wrong."

He looked at Mia with tears in his eyes, "I don't know what to do and there's a part of me that doesn't want to know."

Even in his time of distress, Mia could see his heart, why she fell in love with him. Rick didn't want any trouble, he just wanted to live his life and make the people he loved happy. Having all of this happen was hard for him and not knowing what was going on made it worse.

"Look at me," Mia grabbed his face, "I'm not the person you need to hear anything from but I will say, you're big heart is one of your biggest assets, but it's also your biggest flaw. You're so focused on the bad guys walking the streets, you fail to realize the bad guys that lurk in your close circle."

She nods, "you're right, you probably don't want to know what's going on. But you're going to have to come to reality sooner or later."

"What if it destroys me?" he asked her.

"Well, you pick up the pieces and you pick yourself up. Good thing is, you won't have to do it alone," she gave a small smile.

Rick suddenly pulls her into a hug that catches her off guard.

She sucked in a breath, having not been in his arms in forever. She forgot how secure she felt.

Gulping, Mia closes her eyes and hugs him back.

* * * * * * * * * * 

Though he didn't get as much information as he hoped, after thinking about he and Mia's conversation on the way home, he was content with what she told him. Content because if there was something that he didn't know, he didn't want to hear it from Mia. He wanted to hear it from his wife, maybe even Evan, but most importantly his wife.

Rick didn't consider himself the most perfect husband in the world, but he did think he was good enough to deserve honesty, no matter how much it hurt. As much as he didn't want to know what was going on in fear of being hurt, he knew that Kelly was hiding something.

He was hoping that she would tell him on his own but due to their conversation earlier, it seemed he was going to figure it out. Which made him feel even worse.

By the time he got home, all Rick wanted to do was try and get some sleep until he figured out how he wanted to approach Kelly. Sleep was all he could think about until he walked inside the house to find Kelly talking on the phone in the living room. 

It was almost four in the morning, and she was pacing back and forth visibly upset. She was so into her phone call, she didn't notice Rick standing there.

"You can keep ignoring my calls all you want, but let me tell you something, we're bound for the rest of your life, whether you like it or not. You hear me? You can't ignore me forever. You -"

Rick cleared his throat, frightening Kelly who almost dropped her phone.

She hung up, clenching her fists, "you scared the hell out of me?"

"Who was the message for?" Rick asked.

Kelly cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck, "it was for uh, Aly."

"Really?" Rick crossed his arms over his chest.

"I haven't been honest with you," Kelly sat down on the couch with a sigh. "We uh, got into an argument at Evan's dinner party. It happened so fast, Rick. One minute we were talking about her and Evan's marital issues and the next thing I know, we're throwing insults at each other."

She runs her fingers through her blonde hair, "After what you said,  I decided to try and call her but she won't answer my calls. I hate to say it but, I think our friendship is really over."

Sniffling, Kelly looks down.

Rick stands there quietly, thinking for a moment. Something was telling him that the person she left the voicemail for wasn't Alyson. But he didn't want to seem insensitive, nor he was ready to strike up a conversation that was going to turn into an argument this late at night.

Plus, he didn't feel like she was going to tell the truth. The person that needed to talk to was Alyson who would confirm whether Kelly had been reaching out to her or not

"Why don't you try and call her tomorrow?" Rick held his hand out, "it's late, you should get some rest."

Nodding, Kelly stood up and walked over to Rick taking his hand. Together the couple quietly went upstairs to their bedroom.