Chapter 6 : The Touch

Extractions from songs (in order):

"Hold My Hand" by Michael Jackson & Akon

"Speechless" by Morning Parade

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day
_______________________________________________

Thanks to Angelina, I first tasted class bunk. She was so perfect to me. A tomboy like me. Excellent in academics. And she could balance things so perfectly. She baptized me in profanity. My first guru of lewd ideas was her, in school. Following her footsteps, my first porn watch. The urban dictionary of my schooldays. Okay enough.

Amidst all these, took place an incident. This year. Last semester. The Chemistry practical class was in the end, few were in the lab, few went home done with the experiments. Suddenly our VP detained Angelina and Doug. They were standing, head down, in front of a sharp gaze of our VP, sitting on the chair. He was showing us a test, when he went out we failed to notice, we were that much into ourselves.

Actually the others were having on me about how many days I performed a Chemistry experiment or even touched an equipment! I always got my Spidey senses tickling whenever I took a test tube and BAM! "Final Destination"! The tube gets blasted? Or the liquid gets inflamed along with the lab and the livings inside? Uh, don't mind me.

I had no panic in Chemistry practical, my absurd premonition felt funny to me. I knew it was possible, not possible. Like, you know, Schrödinger's cat and the box? Never mind again.

Angelina had left too. Finishing her test. Somebody complained something against Douglas about using mobile phone in restricted section of school - that's the news air brought us. But that did not sound very... legit. I pulled up my courage and went to stand by the two of them - currently arguing with the VP who was sitting, face red-hot, on the edge of the chair behind the desk. Pokémon was in my company too. Maybe to record her data on the LNB. The laboratory notebook. And the VP spoke up instantaneously, "The physical proximity between you two was not really a pleasing view to behold." And I, instantaneously left the lab.

Et tu, Angelina? Was that the woman I considered of placing above Nellsea? A better contender as my bff? Was that the Angelina I wrote an essay on just like I did on Nellsea? Bile rose to my throat. I never imagined, one, Angelina would hide anything from me. She was not my best friend, true that, but tended-to-bestfriend. I never hid anything from her, in fact what did I have to hide?

And two, Douglas at last? She told me about neither Patrick last time. They were couple at the end of junior year, after the break-up earlier this year I found out about them. But it was her who kept saying, "Trap a bloke already and we three will hit the road on weekends. I don't mind being the third-wheel rather you two would beg to have me!"

A smothering detestation aroused in me for her since then. Angelina, Doug, Patrick and Denver had been cronies. As their parents were. They viewed them as brothers and a sister. And Angelina had tried on all three of them? Initializing with Denver in sixth grade.

My mind was getting poisoned and once in freshman year, I complimented her, "You're freaking awesome, Y'know? Who's hooking up with whom, what happened where, latest spicy news - all in your store. But you yourself are stainless!" Stainless my ass!

Hence no communication with Angelina at all in Turner's English class. She was unbearable for me. How the class passed! Next was Mr. Kinston. The common faces to the previous class were Prodigy, Sebastian, me, Angelina, Nellsea, Penelope, Doug, Patrick and Denver. Four more came in. Maple among them was really brilliant. But the rest were nuts! There was one, Diana Ditzch or bitch, as if I gave a damn, she made my teeth rattle, creepy super creepy! Her annoying look, oh! Plus a blockhead, a sucker. How grotesque. And Sky-Angelina-Nellsea used to poke me, "Hey, there's your boyfriend!" Ugh slay me!