Chapter 4 : The Off-key Note

Music track used:

"Saltwater Room" by Owl City
_______________________________________________

A Thursday. August 15 was this year. The Physics class was unsuspended even in deluge. Wow. As expected. I picked up my backpack and took out my bicycle. Let's ride the storm.

I loved attending classes in any weather. I didn't like to bunk. Good interactions were formed with teachers as well as the classmates. I tried maintaining good terms with everybody. A nice gal in people's eyes. I loved to wave at any him or her, if familiar. That, Hey I remember you or Ssup? It causes no harm, rather it always feels good if someone smiles at you. Every class was uniquely jovial but this Physics class was overloaded with buoyancy. Why? We barely listened to the teacher and he barely chided us! Moreover, I had Nellsea by me. Since she was with me, I opened my heart out to the mirth, in all classes except in Bengali, and Biology class which she took under Alastair Beckett. She had French, not Bengali as second language.

I should provide my weekly class schedule for simplification. We had two or three teachers for the Science subjects - the choice was up to us. Since the story begins with Thursday, this will be the first day of week.

Thursday (school) -
Second half (Physics, Mr. Brian Decker; Biology lab practical)

Friday (school) -
First half (Physics, Mr. Havelster)
Second half (English, Mr. Billy Joe Turner; Chemistry, Mr. Gabriel Kinston)

Saturday (tutorial batch) -
Evening (Biology, Mr. Matthew Savlock)

Sunday (tutorial batch) -
Morning (Physics, Mr. Brian Decker)
Evening (Maths, Mr. Riyold Durrey i.e. RDX lol)

Monday (school) -
First half (Physics lab practical)
Second half (Chemistry, Mr. Gabriel Kinston)

Tuesday (school) -
First half (Physics, Mr. Havelster; Chemistry lab practical)
Second half (Bengali, Mr. Dipak Chatterjee)

Wednesday (school) -
Second half (Mathematics, Mr. Riyold Durrey i.e. RDX)

How was my interaction level with Nellsea?

The Maths class would also have offered the unlimited jollity as was in Physics class. But I tried to be as sincere as possible because I had to overcome the phobia in Maths and I had almost accomplished in that. We were just seven in number in the class. This class was high-spirited too, just that, at Mr. Decker's, it was the prime place for Adda!

My mom is a Bengali. Hence I took Bengali as my second language. I get overwhelmed by Rabindranath Tagore - his compositions, his verses. And my passion towards Bengali was what made Mr. Dipak Chatterjee impressed on me. I borrowed a book - "Pratham Aalo" (The First Light) by Sunil Ganguly as recommended by Mr. Chatterjee. Based on the mid-19th-century India. I wished to learn this language to the ultimate.

The Biology class had the gang of Rachel. Yeah I was close to her, but I some times felt isolated although they were very amiable. But no Nellsea here. For Chemistry, Mr. Gabriel Kinston taught like an Eminem rap with hardly any pause, for nonstop 2 hours. So no chitchat. Audrey was at Mr. Havelster's Physics class. And above all, it was Dylene of course to overpower me at Mr. BJ Turner's English class.

In the previous year - junior year, Audrey was not in Mr. Decker's Physics class. I was the Empress in Nellsea's world.

Audrey and I - mostly Audrey - used to chaff Nellsea with the name Vald, the Admirer, on regular basis. The driver Valdez of the school caravan conveyed school students including Nellsea who was the Queen bee in his bosom. In the eighth grade was taken the last ride by her. She journeyed by herself now.