"Look at me." She took my face and held it in her hands, staring into my eyes. I looked back, concentrated on what she was saying. "I want you to be safe. Don't do anything stupid. If you get hurt, so help me God, I will end Tony Stark." Her eyes were fierce and I could tell she was being serious. I nodded vigorously. "But," she sighed and her hands fell back down to her sides, "go kick some ass." She pulled me in for another hug and I smiled the biggest smile.

"I will."

*HARLEY'S POV*

DIIIING!

I jump awake and almost fall off the side of my bed to the sound of my phone going off too early in the morning.

Wait... is it even morning?

I check the time. Ah, it is.

5:30 a.m.

WHO THE HELL IS TEXTING ME AT 5:30 A.M.?!

I groggily rub my eyes, adjusting them to the blinding light of my phone in the dark room. My apartment only has one window, which has blinds, so you can barely see in there at night, unless you keep the blinds open. The lights from the city would be too bright, though, and I'd feel weird doing that.

I squint as my eyes finally get adjusted and I see Peter's name pop up on my lock screen. I swipe and read his message:

Leaving for Wakanda today. It was super last minute. Stark woke me up at 5:00 this morning, lol. Oh no, I hope I didn't wake you up. Did I? I don't know why you would have your ringer on.

(I accidentally left it on).

Anyway, sorry if I did but I just wanted to let you know. Um... I'm not sure when we'll get back but... I hope you have a good day and I... will see you soon. Byeee.

I typed back, as proficiently as I could considering my brain was still asleep:

Okay, love. Please stay safe! And listen to Tony. He knows what he's doing (for the most part) and I know how you hate to follow his instructions :) Text me when you can.

I sent it, set my phone back down, and fell back onto my bed with a sigh, my arms flinging up and my head crashing into my pillow.

I'm going to miss him.

*PETER'S POV*

I smiled to myself as I read Harley's response.

I guess I did wake him up.

Oops.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, zipped my bag full of thrown together heaps of clothes, and went to say goodbye to Aunt May again.

I had a blue Midtown High sweatshirt on over my suit because it's still kind of chilly, even if it is summer. It's New York in the early hours of the morning, so...

May smiled proudly as I flung my army green duffel bag over my shoulder and walked out in my suit, complete with the oversized sweatshirt.

"I'm so proud of you," she beamed. I smiled sheepishly.

I'm not the kind of person that likes to receive compliments. I never have any idea how to respond to them, no matter how close I am to that person. But I like giving them.

"Thanks, Aunt May." I walked over to her and gave her a tight hug. She envelopes me in her arms, for the second time that morning, and rubbed my back. "Remember everything I told you, okay? Stay safe."

"I will," I assured her with a "please-stop-telling-me-that" kind of tone.

"Okay," her arms fell to her sides. "Then go. Run off, my little spider, swing away." She dramatically twirled around and my face burned. "Stop," I begged her and she laughed. I readjusted my bag hanging over my shoulder and smiled. "See ya soon," I shot some finger guns as I jumped out my window. The breeze hit my face and I smiled hugely.

This is my favorite thing.

The pavement loomed closer and closer. I shot a web to the top of a skyscraper across from me and I slung myself up and over, swinging across New York City. I glanced down at the people, who were in awe as they watched me.

Bet you haven't seen Spider-Man in action this early, I thought to myself.

-
-
-

(A/N hey guyyys, I'm so sorry it took me this long to update, eek. I've been soooo busy with school and I really didn't know what to do for this chapter but I hope you liked it! don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me. thanks so much for reading and hopefully I can get another update in soon lol)

bye for now

•1,370 words•